Its unreal how easy coleslaw is to make. Why do they even sell the bleach flavoured bags in the produce section? Lets accept this no longer.
All you need for Classic Cabbage Coleslaw:
- Green Cabbage
- Red Cabbage
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Celery Salt
- 2-3 Cups Red Cabbage
- 2-3 Cups Green Cabbage
- 2 Large Carrots
- ½ Cup Real Mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar Or White Vinegar
- 2 teaspoon White Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Celery Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Either grate the coleslaw using a cheese grater or cut into thin ribbons using a sharp knife. I prefer the knife method.
- Wash and Peel the carrots and then grate them.
- Whisk all of the salad dressing ingredients in a bowl and pour over the cabbage and carrots. Stir to combine.
- Keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days
Here are 5 Fast Facts about Cabbage:
Head over to Crafty.house to see more
1. Ancient roots. Cabbage has been cultivated for longer than almost any other vegetable on record. To be precise, more than 6,000 years! It originated in Shensi Province, China, sometime around 4,000 B.C.
2. Elixir for Baldness. In ancient China (roughly 1000 B.C.) scrolls touted cabbage as a magic cure-all for bald men. It’s hard to say if there’s any truth in this claim, but no one can deny cabbage is chock full of nutrients that promote good health.
3. Vitamin C Galore.Cabbage contains a high concentration of Vitamin C. That means it cuts out toxins in your body, preventing skin disease, arthritis, and rheumatism. Go for red cabbage when you have Vitamin C in mind. It contains double the content of regular green cabbage.
4. Beauty promoter. Healthier hair, skin and nails are just some of the benefits of eating this leafy veggie on a regular basis. Cabbage’s high sulfur content translates to keratin production, and the result is feeling good inside and out.
5. Cancer deterrent. Eating cruciferous veggies like cabbage has been scientifically proven to lower your risk of developing cancer.
6. Smart snacking.At 33 calories per cup, you’ll never have to feel guilty for chowing down on cooked cabbage. Plus, it’s high in fiber and low in fat! A winning combination.
7. Headache Relief.Rid yourself of that terrible migraine by drinking raw cabbage juice daily, or placing a warm compress filled with crushed cabbage on your forehead. Might sound crazy, but many headache sufferers swear by this technique!
If you Loved this Recipe please drop a rating and comment below it really helps me out in the land of google!