Caprese Flatbread is the perfect Summer Appetizer or Lunch. Flatbread is elevated with fresh Basil, Tomatoes, Pesto and a balsamic reduction.
How to make Caprese Flatbread
- Preheat Oven or BBQ
- Spread Pesto over flatbread
- Top with sliced tomatoes and mozzarella
- Cook 10 minutes
- Drizzle with Balsamic and Top with Basil
- Slice & Serve
- Flatbread - I used a premade 300gram flatbread for this recipe. You can make flatbread from scratch, here is a great recipe.
- Balsamic reduction, is also known as Balsamic Glaze.
- Fresh Basil
Dishes to Serve with Caprese Flatbread
Caprese vs Margherita
Caprese and Margherita are often mistaken for one another as they both consist of Tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. The main difference is the Balsamic Reduction. once you add this glaze your dish goes from Margherita to Caprese.
- 1 Flatbread
- ¼ Cup Pesto
- ½ Cup Mozzarella 1-2 inch chunks
- ½ Cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 3 Leaves Fresh Basil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Reduction Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (also can be cooked on the bbq or pellet grill)
- Spoon the pesto evenly across the flatbread.
- Wash and Cut the Tomatoes in Half. Place cut side down on the flatbread
- Tear the mozzarella into 1-2 inch chunks. Place evenly between the tomatoes on the flatbread.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has been melted and the tomatoes are cooked.
- Cut the basil into thin strips by stacking the leaves ontop of one another and then rolling into a cilander. Cut this roll into 1mm pieces.
- Drizzle the Balsamic Reduction on top of the cooked flatbread and sprinkle the cut basil evenly across.
- Cut the flatbread into 4 pieces. Serve and Enjoy.
- Please leave a review below 😀