This subtly spiced Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash will be fast-tracked to a favourite because it is flavourful, but light. Spaghetti Squash is Roasted at the same time that chicken breast is. Both are shredded and then tossed with fresh vegetables in a Buffalo Ranch Sauce.
- Spaghetti Squash
- Chicken Breast - Boneless Skinless
- Franks Red Hot Buffalo Ranch Sauce (or Ranch Dressing + Buffalo Sauce)
- Canola Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Red Bell Pepper
- Celery (Pickles are also a good option here)
- Green Onion
- Ranch Dressing (for topping)
Homemade Buffalo Ranch= 2 Tablespoons Buffalo Sauce + 1 Cup Ranch (can add more or less buffalo sauce depending on how spicy you like it!
How to Cut a Spaghetti Squash
- Cut the Top Off
- Place the Side down on the cutting board and put the squash in half, lengthwise.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and strands.
How to Make Pizza Spaghetti Squash
- Bake Spaghetti Squash and Chicken
- Shred Spaghetti Squash & Chicken
- Toss Chicken in Sauce
- Add Veggies and Chicken to the squash Stir
- Top with Ranch and more vegetables
What Can I serve with Buffalo Spaghetti Squash?
Milk. haaahaa. But, also:
- Apple Walnut Spinach Salad
- Simple Grilled Peach Blueberry Salad with Balsamic Glaze
- Garlic Parmesan Pull-Apart Bread
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
Roasted Spaghetti Squash is topped with shreed Buffalo Ranch Chicken and crisp fresh vegetables.
- 2 Spaghetti Squash Halved, Seeded
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Table salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3-4 Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Buffalo Ranch Divided
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 2 Ribs Celery Diced
- 2 Stalks Green Onion Diced
- 4 Tablespoons Ranch
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Line a Baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut the top off the squashes and then place the cut side down on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut the squash in half, length-wise. Then use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and strings in the inside. Just like you would do to a pumpkin!
- Brush the oil on the cut side of the squash and then season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place the squash cut side down on the baking sheet. bake for 30-40 minutes or until the squash is easily shredded with a fork,
- Brush the chicken breasts with half a cup of buffalo ranch. Save the other half cup for once the chicken is cooked
- Bake in the oven with the spaghetti Squash. It should take about 20 minutes. It is done when the internal temperature reaches 165°F
- Dice all of the vegetables, Set aside.
- Shred the chicken and toss in the remaining buffalo sauce.
- Shred the Spaghetti Squash - take a taste test. Add more salt if needed.
- Sprinkle half of the veggies atop each of the squash and divde the chicken between the four squashes. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the rest of the veggies and serve with ranch drizzled on top.
- See Notes for more tips
If you want to shred the squash and chicken while its cool, you can! Make both ahead of time and then reheat before adding the fresh vegetables. If you or your family prefers to not eat out of the squash shell, simply scoop the contents of the squash into a 9x13" casserole dish. Pickles, red onion and tomatoes make a great topping combo instead of the ones listed in this recipe.
Calories: 647kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 23gFat: 45gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 23gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0.04gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 1456mgPotassium: 1030mgFiber: 9gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 1717IUVitamin C: 51mgCalcium: 154mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Review This Recipe: