This classic Rice Krispies Square recipe is jazzed up for Summer with the addition of chocolate and graham crackers making the perfect S'mores Rice Krispies. This is a perfect recipe to make if you have leftover S'more ingredients after a camping trip. It's also a lot cleaner for a toddler to eat than an actual s'more..if you know, you know.
- Rice Krispie Cereal
- Vanilla Extract
- Margarine or Butter
- Chocolate (Chips or smashed up milk chocolate bars such as aero or Hersheys)
- Graham Crackers
How to Make S'mores Rice Krispies
- Melt the Butter and Marshmallows
- Add Vanilla and Salt
- Stir in Rice Krispies and Crushed Graham Crackers
- Spray 8x8 Pan with cooking oil spray.
- Add half of the mixture to the pan and sprinkle with chocolate.
- Add the other half of the mixture and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate and any other graham cracker pieces and crumbs you have.
- Pat down to secure toppings.
- Cover and let it set.
- Cut and enjoy!
What size pan should I use for Rice Krispie Squares?
If you want thinner squares (the more standard size) use a 9x13" pan
If you want thicker squares, use an 8x8" pan.
How do I stop rice Krispies from sticking to my hand?
Either wet your hands down with water or spray them with cooking spray (oil)
How do I keep my Rice Krispie Squares Soft and not hard?
As soon as you make them, cover them with saran wrap and then once they are cut place them in a Ziploc bag or airtight container.
If you LOVE cereal bar treats, Try these ones next:
S'mores Rice Krispies
- 40 Large Marshmallows or 8 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 Tablespoons Margarine or Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 6 Cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- ½ Cup Graham Crackers Crushed
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chocolate Chips, Crushed up Chocolate Bar etc
- Cooking Spray for the pan
- Grease a 9x13" dish with Cooking Oil Spray (you can use a 9x9 or 8x8 pan as well, it will just yield a thicker square)
- Crush the Graham Crackers and Chocolate - Set aside
Make the Bars
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the margarine and marshmallows. Stir constantly to help it melt and prevent burning.
- Add in vanilla and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the cereal and graham crackers. Stir to coat everything evenly.
- Add half of the mixture to your prepared pan. sprinkle with chocolate. Add the remaining half and mix with the remaining chocolate. I like to add the chocolate like this so that it doesn't melt too much. If you want it mixed in more you can do so once it's in the pan as the mixture will be cooler than it was in the pot.
- Cover with saran wrap and let set up in the fridge for 25 minutes or on the counter for 1-2 hours.
- Cut into the desired amount of bars and enjoy.