So, you want a fall dessert that is tasty but you're not about to spend the day in the kitchen? I got cha. These are a serious upgrade from the childhood favourite rice krispie square. This recipe is not a new concept, you'll find pumpkin spice rice krispie recipes all over Pinterest. This recipe is easier and more delicious though. The difference? No pumpkin pie filling, no rice krispies, no food colouring! So...
What is in Pumpkin Spice Cereal Bar?
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- White Chocolate Topping (Optional)
I know, so easy.
Make your Own Pumpkin Spice Blend:
If you don't have the premade blend in a bottle it's easy to make:
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp cloves
Kid Friendly Recipe
You can make these in the microwave in a plastic bowl or on the stove in a large pot. As a kid I ALWAYS made rice krispies in the microwave, guess my Mama knew I wasn't to be trusted near the stove *insert image of my burnt hands typing this* 😛
Easy Pumpkin Spice Bars
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 8 Cups Mini Marshmallows 8 Cups is the same amount as a standard size bag. Divided.
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice or make your own see note
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 Cups Plain Corn Flakes
- ¼ Cup White Chocolate Melted
- Grease a 9 x 13" dish with canola oil spray You can use a 9x9" or 8x8" dish as well this will just make thicker bars.
Make the Bars
- In a large pot melt the butter. For extra depth of flavour you can brown the butter which just means that you swirl the butter around the pot until it has browned.
- Take 2 cups of the marshmallows and set aside for later. Add the rest (about 6 cups) to the pot with the butter. Stir frequently until the marshmallows melt. Add in the Pumpkin spice, vanilla and salt.
- Remove the pot from the stove. Fold in the cornflakes. Continue to fold/stir until all the cornflakes are covered. Now add in the extra marshmallows. stir until they are evenly distributed throughout the gooey goodness.
- Dump your creation into the greased pan and then press it all down with your hands to make it even on the top. (it really helps to oil your hands first or to have water on them)
- Melt the white chocolate in 30 second increments in the microwave on 50% power, stirring each time. Using a fork drizzle the chocolate over the bars in a quick sweeping motion.
- Cover dish with saran wrap and let your bars set until cooled completely (1-2hours) Slice, Devour, write a raving review here. hahaha. Happy Fall!!