This classic Rice Krispies Square recipe is jazzed up for Easter with the addition of Cadbury Mini Eggs - aka the greatest candy every invented! This is a perfect recipe to make if you want an Easter themed dessert but have zero desire to spend all day in the kitchen.
- Rice Krispie Cereal
- Vanilla Extract
- Margarine or Butter
- Mini Eggs
How to make Mini Egg Rice Krispies
- Melt the Butter and Marshmallows
- Add Vanilla and Salt
- Stir in Rice Krispies and Crushed Mini Eggs
- Spray 8x8 Pan with cooking oil spray. (or 9x13 they will just be thinner in a 9x13)
- Add half of the mixture to the pan and sprinkle with chocolate.
- Add the mixture and press down firmly with oiled hands. Then drizzle melted chocolate over everything.
- Sprinkle crushed mini eggs on top.
- Pat down to secure toppings.
- Cover and let it set.
- Cut and enjoy!
What size pan should I use for Rice Krispie Squares?
If you want thinner squares (the more standard size) use a 9x13" pan
If you want thicker squares, use an 8x8" pan.
How do I stop rice Krispies from sticking to my hand?
Either wet your hands down with water or spray them with cooking spray (oil)
How do I keep my Rice Krispie Squares Soft and not hard?
As soon as you make them, cover them with saran wrap and then once they are cut place them in a Ziploc bag or airtight container.
If you love Cereal Bar treats, try these ones next:
- Lucky Charm Marshmallow Squares
- White Chocolate Candy Cane Cereal Bars
- S'mores Rice Krispies
- Pumpkin Spice Cereal Bars
Mini Egg Rice Krispie Squares
- ¼ Cup butter or margarine
- 8 Cups mini marshmallows divided (8 cups is a standard size bag of marshmallows)
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 Cups Rice Krispie cereal or other plain cereal
- 1 Cup Mini Eggs Crushed
- ⅓ Cup Mini Eggs crushed
- ¼ Cup Chocolate Chips or 70% dark Chocolate (melted)
- Grease a 9 x 13" dish with canola oil spray You can use a 9x9" or 8x8" dish as well this will just make thicker bars.
Make The Bars
- In a large pot melt the butter.
- Take 2 cups of the marshmallows and set aside for later. Add the rest (about 6 cups) to the pot with the butter. Stir frequently until the marshmallows melt. Once melted, add in the vanilla and salt.
- Remove the pot from the stove. Fold in the cereal . Continue to fold/stir until all the cereal is covered. Now add in the extra marshmallows and crushed mini eggs. stir until they are evenly distributed throughout the gooey goodness.
- Dump your creation into the greased pan and then press it all down with your hands to make it even on the top. (it really helps to oil your hands first or to have water on them)
- Melt the chocolate in 30-second increments in the microwave with the power set to 50%, and stir in between each 30-second session. It should take about 1.5-2 mins in total. Using a fork, you can drizzle the chocolate over the bars using a quick sweeping motion. Alternatively, you can use a piping bag with a small hole cut.
- Sprinkle some of the mini eggs can over top of the bars.
Let the bars set
- Cover the dish with saran wrap and let your bars set until cooled completely (1-2 hours on the counter or about 35 minutes in the fridge)
- Slice, devour and remember to leave a review!