Mini Egg Mini Cheesecakes are the perfect Easter Dessert. This recipe is a small batch one as the 1x makes 6 perfect portions - In a standard size cupcake/muffin tin. If you're feeding more of a crowd, hit the 2x or 3x button. This is a simple cheesecake recipe that requires minimal ingredients and time. START WITH ROOM TEMPERATURE EGGS AND CREAM CHEESE
- Room Temperature Cream Cheese
- Room Temperature Egg
- Vanilla Extract
- Cookie Crumbs (Graham or Oreo)
- MINI EGGS
- Chocolate (optional)
- Standard sized Muffin Tin
- Cupcake Liners (standard size)
- Electric Mixer
How to Make Mini Egg Mini Cheesecakes
- Make the Crust - Mix the butter, a pink of salt and the cookie crumbs
- Bake the Crusts
- Make the Filling
- Add to chilled crusts and Bake
- Add Toppings
How to tell when mini cheesecakes are done baking:
The centre will read 150F or higher on an instant read theometer. When you shake the pan the sides of the cheese cake will be set but the very center will jiggle a bit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Needs to be full fat! no low-fat stuff here, please.
No, they are small enough that they will bake evenly.
A week. Wait to add the toppings before serving.
No worries... this is because they are a but under-baked but they will be ok. AND no one is going to notice because you're putting eggs on top so really this is a perfect little nest. Good job.
Because you were impaitent and mixed the eggs and cream cheese before they were at room temperature - live and learn haha.
Put the egg in a bowl with warm water. Wait 15 mins.
Your welcome 🙂
For the cream cheese you can place it on a plate and microwave it on defrost or at 50% power. Do this in 30-second increments until its room temp.. You aren't making spinach dip..you don't want to melt it haha.
Other Easter Desserts
Mini Egg Mini Cheese Cakes
- 1 Muffin Tin Standard Size
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Melted
- ½ Cup Cookie Crumbs Oreo or Graham
- Pinch Table Salt
- 1 Block Full-Fat Cream Cheese Room Temperature
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg Room Temperature
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Table Salt
- ½ Cup Mini Eggs Crushed
- 6 Teaspoons Mini Eggs 3 per cheesecake
- 6 Tablespoons Chocolate Melted
Take out your Egg(s) and Cream Cheese!
- Do this about 2 hours before you plan on baking 🙂
Preheat your Oven - 325°F
- Once your ingredients are at room temp, preheat your oven to 325°F and measure out the rest of the ingredients. - Its go time!
- Add paper liners to 6 muffin tin cavities. You can try to make this without paper liners and just oil the muffin tin, but then you'll cry and leave me a bad review and who wants that? Not me. Not you.
- Melt the butter, Mix with the cookie crumbs and salt.
- Add 1 table spoon and 1 teaspoon of crust mix to each muffin tin. PRESS DOWN to create an even layer.
Bake the crust
- Bake your crusts for 8 minutes. Once the crust is baked, pop the pan in the fridge so that it can chill before you add the filling.
Make the Filling
- While your crust bakes, mix the cream cheese, salt, sugar and vanilla together in a bowl with a hand mixer that is on high speed for 3 minutes. You want it to be light and fluffy!
- Add in the egg and mix until its encorporated but no longer than that. 45 seconds maximum,
- Crush the mini eggs (You can add them to the main mix now or wait and add 1 tablespoon to each cup.) I like to add the mini eggs to each cup so I can ensure each one gets an equal amount.
- Add batter to baked crust.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. They are done when the internal temp is 150F and the sides are set and the middle just jiggles a little bit.
- remove from the pan and let chill completely before adding the toppings
- Melt the chocolate if using. You can do this in the microwave by setting it to 50% power and heating for 30 second increments stirring inbetween each time.
- Drizzle chocolate over the center of each cheesecake and then place three mini eggs on top. Let the chocolate set before serving if you want the eggs to hold in place. Or eat immediately if you are like me and have waited long enough already!
Review This Recipe: