Have you ever had monkey bread and you're watching your peers devour it and in between each bite they lick that caramel goodness off their fingers then grab another piece? blah. Let's solve that problem with this recipe. This recipe yields six mini bundt-shaped monkey breads. They are large portions but they are the quantity we would eat from a large monkey bread - if we are all being honest with ourselves 😎
For the Dough
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Butter or Margarine
How to Make Mini Monkey Bread
- Make the dough
- Let the dough rise
- Cut the dough into 1 inch pieces
- prepare the mini bundt pan
- Toss the dough in sugar and cinnamon
- Make 'caramel' sauce
- Layer dough with caramel sauce
- let rise
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this recipe would make 12 muffin-sized portions. Bake for 14 minutes in a 350F oven.
Pillsbury Refrigerated biscuits are the most common premade dough used for monkey bread. you would need two 7.5-ounce containers for this recipe.
Yes, freeze in an airtight container for up to one month.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
More Individual Size Party Food:
Mini Monkey Bread with Homemade Dough
- 1 Mini Bundt Cake Pan I use the Wilton 6 bundt man. If your pan has bigger mini bundts and only 4 per pan you will likely need to bake for 25 mins
- ⅔ Cup Water 40-50°C (113°F) If its too hot or cold your yeast will be mad
- 1 Teaspoon Yeast (Half a packet)
- ½ Tablespoon Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1¾ Cups All-Purpose Flour
Cinnamon Sugar (Coat the Dough Balls)
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Cup White Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Cup Butter
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Make the Dough
- In a medium mixing bowl: add the yeast, water, sugar salt and oil. Once the yeast is foamy add the flour. Stir to combine. Work until it's a smooth ball. (only takes a couple of minutes) I don't knead this recipe! It's small enough pieces that I find it doesn't make much of a diffrence. So, once your dough is together in a ball, oil the bowl and then cover with a clean kitchen towel and let it rise for 1 hour or until its roughly doubled in size.
Make the Dough into Balls
- add cinnamon and sugar into medium-sized bowl or ziploc bag.
- Punch down the risen dough to let out the air. Use a pair of kitchen scissors to cut one inch pieces off of the ball directly into your bowl or bag. toss the pieces in the cinnamon sugar as you go to prevent them from sticking together.
Prepare the Pan
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Spray the bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Microwave the butter, vanilla and brown sugar together for 30 seconds. stir to combine. (microwave for additional 30-second increments if necessary - some microwaves are less powerful and will take longer to melt the butter)
- Each Monkey bread will be assembled in layers.Sauce, dough, sauce, dough, sauce.Once all your tins are filled, let the bread rise for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Flip the baking sheet over and place it on top of the hot tray of bundts so that the parchment is touching the top of the bundts. now flip it all over so that the bundt pan is on top and gravity can help the bundts fall out of their pan.
- Serve warm and leave a review once you've washed your fingers and they're not too sticky to type 😋
Review This Recipe: