These watermelon and mint popsicles are super quick and easy to make and will be loved by all that get to eat them. I like to make these popsicles when watermelon is in season and there are days when my kiddos and I are looking for a fresh treat that will really cool us down.
How to Make Homemade Popsicles
These popsicles are simple to make.
- Cut watermelon into chunks
- Wash mint
- Add Watermelon, lime juice, mint and sugar to a blender and blend.
- Pour into moulds
What are the best molds to use to make homemade popsicles?
I find getting popsicles out of single molds a smidge easier than the ones that have 6-8 all connected but it's not that significant of a difference. You can spend a lot of money on popsicle molds and that would be a waste, in my opinion. I have had just as much success with a $1 popsicle mould from Walmart as I have with a $$ brand name one. Use whichever makes you happy you will end up with tasty popsicles either way.
How do I get the popsicles out of the mould?
Let the popsicles sit out at room temperature for a few minutes or run the plastic part under warm-hot water for 20 seconds and then slowly shimmy the popsicle out. If you have round popsicle moulds rotate the popsicle in a circle to help free it as you pull.
How to store homemade popsicles
If you aren't looking to use your popsicle mould again anytime soon, just keep them in the mould until ready to serve. If you want to save space in the freezer or make a bunch of popsicles you can remove frozen popsicles from the trays and then store them in a Ziploc bag or airtight container, unwrapped.
How long do popsicles last in the freezer?
Usually about 3 months. But I have one in the freezer from a year ago and It is still good so, the answer should just be a really long time!! haha.
Other Summer Recipes
- Beet and Berry Summer Salad with Feta Cheese
- Whole Wheat Hotdog Buns
- Simple Grilled Peach Blueberry Salad with Balsamic Glaze
- Blueberry Peach Crisp
Watermelon and Mint Popsicles
- 4 Cups Watermelon Chunks
- 8 Small Mint Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Lime Juiced
- Cut up the watermelon into chunks - place in blender or food processor with the juice of one lime, the washed mint leaves and sugar.
- Blend until Smooth.
- Pour the watermelon juice into 6-8 popsicle moulds. Leave ½" space at the top of the mould to allos for exspansion.
- Add the lid to each popsicle mould and then freeze for 2-3 hours or until fully frozen.
Review This Recipe: