Nothing says Summer like peaches and this Grilled Peach Blueberry Salad with Balsamic Glaze is truly one of the best ways to enjoy them. Just 7 ingredients make up this salad:
- Mixed Greens
- Feta Cheese
- Red Onions
- Balsamic Reduction
Do I Need to Grill the Peaches?
No, you do not so don't fret if you don't feel like firing up the BBQ. The benefits of grilling the peaches is that it brings out their natural juiciness and intensifies their sweetness. It is a great solution for improving any peaches you have that are sub par or under ripe too.
What peaches Should I use?
Freestone peaches are the best variety to use as the pit easily falls out of them. These are the most commonly sold peach in stores so you're likely good to go! Read More about the difference of peaches here.
AHHH I can't pit my peaches and my life is ruined:
Same. Same. This happens and it usually is because of the variety of peach you have. If you're in this situation, don't worry you can still make this salad just cut the peach off of the pit in wedges. it will be fine 😀
I don't have any Balsamic Reduction/Balsamic Glaze, what should I use?
You can make your own balsamic glaze by reducing down balsamic vinegar. Here is a great recipe for that. If you don't have balsamic vinegar...do not pass go, do not collect $200. JK you can achieve a similar taste to balsamic vinegar by combining 1 part honey or sugar with 2 parts red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
How hot should my grill be for my Peaches?
Grilling peaches works best over medium heat. aka: the ability to hold your hand a few inches from the grates for 3-4 seconds before needing to pull away.
Addicted to the Peach Blueberry Combo right now? Try this Blueberry Peach Crisp next!
Grilled Peach Blueberry Salad with Balsamic Glaze
- 4 Peaches
- 4 tsp Canola Oil
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 16 oz Mixed Greens or Spinach or Arugula
- ½ Red Onion Thinly Sliced
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- ½ Cup Pecans
- ¼ Cup Feta Cheese Crumbled
Grilling The Peaches
- Wash and Dry the Peaches. Cut the peaches in half. There is a natural line on peaches that I like to follow when doing this. Remove the pit. Brush the Peaches with oil and then lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Over medium heat, place the peaches cut and oiled side down. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes. You can flip the peaches over at this point for a more tender peach like you would want when served with ice cream but when I am grilling peaches for salad I like just the one side grilled.
Making the Salad
- In a large bowl or on a large platter layer the mixed greens, red onions, blueberries, pecans and feta.
- Cut the peaches into wedges and place in or on the salad. Drizzle with balsamic reduction. bada boom bada bing you just made a 5start salad.