Southwest Salsa is an easy-to-make side dish that is packed with flavour. It's the perfect summer dish when you need a light refreshing side. I like to serve this salsa alongside anything I have on my grill because it's a no-fuss side dish that can be prepared in advance.
- Black Beans
- Red Onion
- Olive Oil
- Lime Juice
- Chili Powder
How to make Southwest Salsa
- Wash and Cut the Tomates
- Dice the onion
- Rinse the black beans
- Drain the Corn
- Combine all these with the dressing ingredients, Refrigerate until ready to serve
- Dice and add the avocado right before serving.
What Dishes go well with Southwest Salsa?
Southwest Salsa (Cowboy Caviar)
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes Quartered
- 1 Can Corn Drained (341ml)
- 1 Can Black Beans Drained and Rinsed (540 ml)
- 1 Medium Red Onion Finely Diced
- 1 Bell Pepper Finely Diced (Can be red, yellow or orange)
- 1 Avocado Diced (add right before serving)
- ¼ Cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Chili Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- Wash tomatoes, cilantro and bell pepper. Cut the tomatoes in quarters, finely dice the bell pepper, finely dice the red onion. Add to a bowl.
- Add Corn and Black beans to a colander. Rinse. Add to the bowl with the chopped vegetables.
- Add the dressing ingredients and mix. Roll the lime to get the juices flowing before cutting it in half and juicing it.
- Cover and let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to let the flavours meld. This isn't mandatory but it is beneficial.
- Dice the avocado and add right before serving.