Take your Greek Salad up a notch with the addition of lamb meatballs. We raise lamb on our farm and it has made me get creative with all of the different cuts that one lamb yields. In addition to Easy Moroccan Lamb Burgers I love to make Lamb Meatballs with ground lamb. These meat balls work Great as an appetizer served with tzatziki or in a salad as I will show you today.
Ingredients for a Greek salad with Lamb Meatballs
For the Salad
- Lettuce (Romaine, Spring Mix etc)
- Red Onion
- Bell Peppers
- Olives (Optional)
- Roasted Sweet Potato
For the Meatballs
- Ground Lamb
- bread crumbs
- Garlic Cloves
The Gist of it:
You'll want to mix up your meatballs and shape them and put them on a silicone, aluminium foil or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
You will also cut up your sweet potato, toss it in oil and seasonings and place that on a separate silicone, aluminium foil or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
Most standard sized North American ovens will fit two standard size cookie sheets on one rack at the same time.
You will bake the the sweet potato cubes and meatballs in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 20-25 minutes.
While your meatballs and sweet potatoes are baking, you will prepare the salad.
Dice, slice and chop your vegetables.
Full Details in recipe card below.
Greek Salad with Lamb Meatballs
- 700 Grams Ground Lamb
- 1 Small Yellow Onion Finely Diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced, or finely chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
Sweet Potato Chunks
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Oregano
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 6 Cups Mixed Greens
- 1 Large Tomato Diced
- 1 Large English Cucumber Quartered and Sliced
- 1 Rib Celery Diced
- ½ Red Onion Thinly Sliced
- 1 Bell Pepper Julienned
- 2 Tablespoons Feta Cheese Crumbled
- 6 Tablespoons Tzatziki 1 Tablespoon per serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F
Make the Meatballs
- In a bowl, mix together the seasonings, eggs, bread crumbs, onion and garlic. Add the meat and mix until evenly distributed.
- Shape into even sized balls. You can make these as large or small as you desire. I personally like to have larger meatballs for this recipe, about 2.5" in diameter. The important thing here is to make them all an even size so that they all cook in the same amount of time.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, a silicone mat or aluminium foil. Place meatballs on the cookie sheet.
Sweet Potato Chunks
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into even sized chunk. I find ½" pieces to work best with this recipe.
- Toss the cut up pieces in a bowl with canola oil and seasonings.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, aluminium foil, or a silicone mat.
- Place both the meatballs and the sweet potato chunks in the preheated oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes, being sure to turn the meatballs and sweet potato pieces over half way through.The Meatballs are done when they reach an internal temperature of 170°FThe Sweet potatoes are done when they are fork tender.Be sure to check your potatoes and meatballs when you go to flip them as cooking times vary based on the exact size of the potato chunks and meatballs.
- Prepare vegetables arrange on platter or individual plates.
- Top with Meatballs and sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle feta cheese evenly over top of the platter or each plate. Add a one tablespoon dollop of tzatziki to each plate or a large one in the middle of the platter. Serve and Enjoy