This salad is a balanced bite that will excite your tastebuds from the day to day flavours you usually give them using super common ingredients that you likely have on hand. WINNING! Chorizo wasn't the most common thing to a prairie girl growing up in western Canada, I first was introduced to this amazing sausage at an airport in the states while travelling for work. There are two styles of Chorizo; Mexican and European but is found in other regions of the world as well. Mexican is usually fresh and European is usually air dried and cured. Fresh or cured chorizo both work well for this recipe. I like to serve the salad with the meat hot sprinkled on top just before serving.
A Salad is not a meal, its a style.Fran Lebowitz
- 5 Cups Mixed Greens or Spinach
- 1 Apple (Honey Crisp or other sweet apple) Thinly Sliced
- ½ Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Carrot Spiralized or julienned
- 1 Cup Baby Tomatoes Quartered
- 1 Cup Broccoli Flourets
- ¼ Red Onion Thinly Sliced
- 3 tbsp Feta Cheese Crumbled
- ½ Cup Pecans
- 2 Cups Cured Chorizo Crumbled or Diced
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Liquid Honey
- ½ tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- I like to start by putting my chorizo on the grill to heat it up. If you are using cured chorizo you don't NEED to do this but I think it tastes better when warm. If you are using raw chorizo then remove it from the casing and fry it up in a frying pan breaking it up into small pieces as you do so.
- While the Chorizo is being heated or cooked, prepare the salad by washing, chopping and adding the ingredients to a large salad bowl.
- To make the dressing you can simply add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix thoroughly with a whisk or mix with an immersion blender or you can add to a jar and shake vigorously - whatever suits your fancy.
- Add the meat and dressing right before serving, toss with a pair of tongs.. just do it salad spoons are no good. ENJOY - what a beautful break from Ceaser and Garden Salad hey!? Let me know what you think of this salad by rating it below. Or Tag @aqueenathekitchen on instagram 🙂