This simple apple walnut spinach salad is quick and easy to throw together with a homemade vinaigrette. The salad has just 6 common fridge and pantry ingredients so its a good recipe to have on hand for any occasion.
- Cranberries (Dried)
- Red Onion
- Feta Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Maple Syrup
- Salt and Pepper
- Cinnamon (Optional)
How to Make Apple Walnut Spinach Salad
- Slice the Apples and Onion.
- Mix Spinach with other salad ingredients
- Combine dressing ingredients
- Toss Salad with vinaigrette.
FAQ about Apple Walnut Spinach Salad
If you want to make this ahead of time, I would mix the onions and apple together with the dressing in a separate bowl from the greens, cheese, walnuts and cranberries. Once ready to assemble mix the two bowls together. Spinach can hold up to vinaigrette for quite some time but the crunchiness of the nuts and crispness of the spinach is at its best when freshly dressed. The vinaigrette will keep the apple from browning.
My favourite is a simple Roasted Chicken Breast.
Yes! Try Arugula or Mixed Greens
Honey or Agave Syrup.
Blue Cheese (Gorgonzola or Cabrales)
Ambrosia, Honey Crisp.
Apple cider vinegar. Or a 50:50 mix of red wine and white vinegar.
More Easy Salads:
- Pulled Pork Salad
- Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Sauce
- Simple Grilled Peach Blueberry Salad with Balsamic Glaze
- Balsamic Strawberry Spinach Salad
More Easy Recipes you will love:
Apple Walnut Spinach Salad
- 4 Cups Baby Spinach Tightly Packed
- 1 Large Apple Cored and Thinly Sliced (Honey Crisp or Ambrosia)
- ½ Cup Walnuts Crushed
- ¼ Cup Dried Cranberries
- ¼ Red Onion Thinly Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Feta Cheese Crumbled
- 2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Maple Syrup
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ Teaspoon Pepper
- Pinch Cinnamon (about 1/16 of a tsp) just a hint of it. A little goes a long way.
- Wash, Core and Thinly Slice the apple. Crumble the Feta. Thinly Slice the Red Onion and Crush the walnuts.
- Mix the Toppings with the Spinach in a large bowl.
- Combine all of the ingredients and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Add the vinaigrette to the salad and toss to combine. Serve Immediately.