This Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Sauce is a delight for the senses. I will eat it in any season, but I especially appreciate it in the dull winter months, as it is so colourful and fresh! The vegetables are easy to find year round and they all hold their crunch long after the salad is made making this the perfect salad to keep in you fridge for the week and add to wraps, bowls. The dressing is super simple to make out of pantry staples - but you can also buy peanut sauce if that is more your style.
For the Salad
- Red Cabbage
- Red Pepper
- Broccoli/Snap Peas
- Green Onion
Peanut Sauce Ingredients
- Peanut Butter
- Soy Sauce
- Red Chili Garlic Sauce
- Chopped Peanuts
- Grilled Chicken
How to Make Peanut Sauce
If you loved this recipe check out Thai Coconut Soup or Easy Shrimp Spring Rolls next.
Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Sauce
- ½ Head Red Cabbage Thinly sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Thinly sliced
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets Can also use snap peas
- 3 stalks Green Onion Diced
- 2 Carrots peeled and spiralized (or julienned)
- ¼ Cup Cilantro Leaves Roughly Chopped
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter (Smooth and Creamy)
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup or honey
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Garlic Sauce
- ½ Lime juiced. (About 2 Tablespoons of Lime Juice)
- ¼ Cup Water
- 1 Boneless Skinless Grilled Chicken Breast Sliced or Diced
- 4 Tablespoons Crushed Peanuts
- ½ Lime Cut into wedges
- Wash all of the produce. Thinly slice the cabbage. Thinly Slice the Bell Pepper, Cut the broccoli into small bite sized pieces. Dice the green onion. Spiralize or cut the carrots. Chop the cilantro. Add to a large salad bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ingredients and whisk vigorously until combined. Its going to look ugly before it looks smooth and creamy. Keep mixing 🙂
- Cook the chicken. I just like to season simply with salt and pepper and cook on my indoor grill press. You can also cook in a 400°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and stir to combine. Add the chicken, crushed peanuts and a lime wedge to each serving.
Review This Recipe: