Are you looking for the perfect peach appetizer this summer? Try these Peach & Bocconcini Balsamic Bites at your next meal or party. They are simple to make with ripe peaches, mini bocconcini (or mozzarella), basil and prosciutto. If you want to elevate them, pickle the peaches! It's so simple but will impress your guest's tastebuds and your own.
On the Skewer:
- Mini Bocconcini (or Mozzarella)
- Fresh Basil
- Balsamic Glaze
If you want to Pickle you'll need:
- Balsamic Vinegar
- White Wine Vinegar (or white vinegar)
Frequently Asked Questions
The main difference is the size. Mozzarella is the size of an orange where as bocconcini is the size of an egg. Both originate from Naples, Italy. Mozzarella has more acid and higher protein which lends itself better to melting than bocconcini.
No! This is an extra step that will further elevate the dish and although it only takes 30 minutes to do, sometimes we do not have 30 minutes. I have made it both ways and both are delicious. Just don't skip the balsamic glaze if you're skipping the pickling! You'll need to it tie everything together.
Fresh mozzarella cut small, or Ciliegine Mozzarella, which is smaller than standard-sized bocconcini.
I have purchased plastic, metal, and wooden skewers perfect for appetizers all from the Dollar Store.
Italian Cured Cold Cuts will work best to substitue proscuitto such as: Culatello and Capicola
More Delicious Peach Recipes
This recipe was inspired by one from The Noshery. You can read that recipe here. Mine uses different cheese, vinegar, much smaller proscuitto and peaches and dired herbs instead of fresh in the pickling liquid.
Peach Bocconcini Balsamic Bites
On the Skewer
- 100 Grams Mini Bocconcini
- 28 Grams Fresh Basil (one small leaf per skewer)
- 50 Grams Proscuitto
- 3 Peaches pitted, quartered and then halved.
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Glaze
Optional Pickling Solution
- 1 Cup Water
- ½ Cup White Wine Vinegar Or Regular White Vinegar
- Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ Tablespoon Rosemany (1 Fresh Sprig)
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme (3 Fresh Sprigs)
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Teaspoons Table Salt
- Wash and then Cut the Peaches. I like to cut the peach in half along the natural line on the peach. twist the peach to separate it and then remove the pit. Cut each half into two. and then each piece in half again. Giving you 8 pieces from each peach. From 3 peaches, you should have 24 pieces.
To Pickle (Optional)
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a 9x13" dish and add sliced peaches to solution. If they aren't covered full, flip the peaches over half way through.
- While the peaches pickle - Prep the other toppingsProsciutto: Cut into thirds and fold each cut piece in half.Basil: Wash
- To Assemble: Onto a skewers place a bocconcini ball, followed by a bail leaf, followed by a piece prosciutto and then finish with a piece of peach skin side down. Lay or stand the skewers on a tray and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
Review This Recipe: