Wanna know a secret? I am not a huge fan of pie I find they are soggy and meh. I mean I have had some GOOD pies over the years but these days I'm all about the hand pies. This is such a cheating recipe which I usually am pretty against but hey we all need a helping hand some days so let this be yours today.
- 1 Box Puff Pastry(2 Sheets) Thawed in the fridge
- 1 Can Cherry Pie Filling
- 3 tablespoon Sanding Sugar Course Sugar
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out sheets and cut each pastry sheet into 8 equal sized rectangles. You will have 16 rectangles in total. 8 tops and 8 bottoms.
- Spoon Filling on 8 of the rectangles, don't worry if it spills out, it will be fine!
- Take remaining 8 rectangles and place them on top of the bottoms and then use a fork to seal the two layers together.
- Place Hand Pies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat
- Beat egg with a dash of water to create an egg wash. Brush the egg wash on the top of each hand pie.Sprinkle with the sanding sugar
- Bake at 375° for 30 Minutes