This Classic Chili recipe features browned ground beef, a blend of common seasonings, beans and corn all in a tomato sauce that is stewed to perfection.
- Canola oil (or preferred cooking oil)
- Onion (white or yellow)
- Lean ground beef
- White Button Mushrooms
- Garlic Clove
- Chili Powder
- Ground cumin
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Granulated sugar
- Cayenne pepper
- Ground black pepper
- Tomato Paste
- Diced Tomatoes
- Kidney Beans or Black Beans
- Tomato Sauce
- Canned or Frozen Corn
How do I make Classic Chili?
- Brown the Beef, Drain off fat if necessary
- add onions, mushroom and garlic - saute
- Add all spices
- Add canned goods
- Simmer until ready to eat!
Yes, You need to brown the ground beef first and then simply add all the ingredients to your slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2
Green Onions, Sour Cream, Fresh Diced Tomatoes, Tortilla Chips, Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
Add 1-2 cups of beef broth.
What can I serve with Chili?
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil or other oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2½ Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1½ Teaspoons salt or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes (1 can is 15 oz)
- 1 can Kidney Beans or Black Beans Drain and Rinsed. (1 can is 16 oz)
- 1 can tomato sauce (1 can is 8 oz)
- 1 cup Canned corn Or Frozen
- Green Onion
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Diced Tomatoes
- Home Toasted Tortilla Chips or Pita Bread
- In a large Dutch oven, add the oil to coat the pot. Doing this will create a non-stick surface. Add the ground beef and Brown the Meat. While it's browning use a spoon or spatula to break apart the beef into small pieces. If you have a lot of fat in the pot, drain it off.
- Add in the diced onion, sliced mushrooms and minced garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes until tender. (placing a lid on the pot during this satge will expedite the process)
- Add in the Spices (Chili Powder, Ground Cumin, Sugar, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cayenne Powder, Salt and Pepper)
- Add In Tomato Paste, Tomato Sauce, Tomatoes, Beans and Corn.
- Let this Simmer for 25 minutes on a low heat.
- Serve and Enjoy