Who needs take out when you can whip this up in less than 30 minutes. This hits all the notes. Sweet, Spicy and topped with fresh veggies to cleanse the palette every few bites. Mmmm
Loving 30 Minute meals right now? Try this Easy 30 Minute Southwest Beef Skillet next!
All you need to make this quick weeknight pork dish:
- Pork 1 Pound (Lean, Fat trimmed)
- Broccoli (Side)
- Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and Salt (For the Rice)
- Ginger root or Ginger Paste
- Chili Garlic Sauce
- Rice or White Wine or White Vinegar
- Carrots (Optional Topping)
- Green Onion (Optional Topping)
- Radishes (Optional Topping)
- Sesame Seeds (Optional)
No Chili Garlic Sauce?
You can make your own (if you happen to have red jalapeno peppers and a tonne of garlic😏)...or you can skip it. It adds a kick of heat at the end of the bite so its not necessary but hot damn, is it delicious. You can also use an equal amount of Siracha sauce in place of the chili garlic sauce.
What Pork Should I Use?
This Sticky Honey Garlic Pork Bowl works best with a tender cut of pork, such as a tenderloin or pork chop. If you only have a butt or shoulder roast on hand try my slow cooker Pulled Pork. It is perfect for those big tough cuts.
Rice is not my favourite
What did rice ever do to you? haha. I think rice gets a bad BLAND wrap. That's why I always throw some seasoning in with my rice. If you really want a flavour bomb you can cook the rice in Chicken, Beef, Pork or Vegetable soup stock. But, if you really are on the no rice train. Make some Ichiban style noodles with this or even some Spaghetti. Both work great as substitutes.
Sticky Honey Garlic Chili Pork Bowl
- 1.5 Cups Rice Uncle Ben's Converted
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Pork and Sauce
- 1 Pound Pork Boneless, Fat Trimmed Center Cut. Such as the tenderloin.
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic Finely Chopped or Minced
- 2 tablespoon Ginger Paste Or 1 inch fresh ginger per tablespoon of ginger paste, grated
- ½ Cup Liquid Honey
- 1 tablespoon Chili Garlic Sauce Double this amount if you like spicy food
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar Any Vinegar will work here if you don't have rice.
- 2 Cups Broccoli Washed, Cut into bite sized Pieces
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1 Stalk Green Onion
- 1 Red Radish
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Get The Rice on the stove, I like to cook it in the bottom of a double boiler. That way you can steam the broccoli on the top the last 10 minutes of the rice cooking. Add the seasonings right into the rice as it cooks. Uncle Ben's Converted Rice (My preferred type and brand) takes 20 minutes to cook
- Slice the pork thinly. It is easiest to cut when the meat is partially frozen. Season the pork with salt and pepper. Heat a deep frying pan on medium high heat and add canola oil to it. Once it is heated, add the pork. Stir often until browned.
- In a liquid measuring cup add all of the sauce ingredients. Add to the browned pork. Make sure to stir often and keep an eye on it. This sauce is primarily sugar and sugar burns easily. This sauce will naturally thicken as it cooks. Once it has thickened into a beautiful glaze you are done!
- When the rice has about 10 minutes left to cook, steam the broccoli, finish with a touch of salt once it is fork tender.
- Cut the Carrot into 3" thin strips/match stick pieces. Aka Julienne the Carrots
- Cut the Green onion lengthwise into 2"-3" thin Strips
- Cut the radish into thin round slices
Assemble The Bowls
- This recipe makes 4 servings. So divide everything equally into 4 bowls. Add the rice, then the meat and sauce followed by the broccoli. Top with the Veggies and Sesame Seeds. Enjoy! Then leave a review about how much you love this recipe.. ok thanks. 🤗