Need a weeknight winner, make this for dinner. This southwest skillet comes together in less than 30 minutes and is obviously super tasty.
What you need to make this quick weeknight dinner:
- Ground Beef
- Pasta (Shells or Lumaconi work best)
- Canned Tomatoes
- Canned Black Beans
- Taco Seasoning
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
- Cheddar Cheese
- Avocado (optional)
- Pickled or Fresh Jalapenos (Optional)
- Cilantro or Parsley (Optional)
Easy 30 Minute Southwest Beef Skillet
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- .5 pound Pasta half a pound is half a standard size box (454-500g) of pasta
- 1 Onion Finely Diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic Diced or Minced
- 1 Can Canned Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 Can Black Beans Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 stalk Green Onion Diced
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 Jalapeno Fresh or Pickled, 4-6 Rings
- 1 Stalk Green Onion Diced
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro or Parsley
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, Cook pasta to package directions.
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef, making sure to break up the beef as small as possible so that it can fit into the knooks and crannies of the pasta 😍
- Add Chopped Onion and Garlic to the browned ground beef. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add in the Tomatoes, Beans, Water and Taco Seasoning. Simmer on Low until pasta is cooked.
- Once the pasta is el dente. Add it to the meat sauce. Stir to combine. If its dry add a ladle full of pasta water.
- add in 1 stalk of diced green onion, stir.
- Top with cheese and jalapenos. Put under the broiler until cheese is bubbling and delish. If you don't want to turn on your oven just cover the pan with a lid until the cheese is melted.
- Top with avocado, cilantro and remaining green onion before serving.