Buffalo Chicken can be on more than just chicken wings! Wild, I know. These slow cooker buffalo chicken bowls are a marriage of rich and healthy foods. We have:
- Green Onions
- Cilantro (or Parsley)
- Shredded Chicken Cooked in Cream Cheese and Buffalo Sauce
- Garlic Aioli
Love Buffalo Sauce but want a lower calorie way to satisfy your cravings? Try Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Next!
Easy to Make
Throw chicken, seasonings, sauce and cheese in the slow cooker. Go Live your life. When its dinner time the quinoa cooks up in less than 15 minutes. This gives you time to shred the chicken and slice and dice your toppings. Awesome weeknight meal!
Alternative Toppings for your Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken Bowls:
Leftover Avocado from your Buffalo Chicken Bowls?
Keep your cut avocados green by submerging them in water in a container in the fridge until you need to use them. Works for 2-3 days. 😎
If you are looking for another Slow Cooker Chicken recipe, then try Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken next! It only has 5 ingredients and is sooo versatile!
Buffalo Chicken Bowl
- 3 Large Chicken Breast 600 grams
- ¾ Cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 4 oz Cream Cheese Half a block
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes Quartered
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- ¼ Cup Cilantro Chopped
- 2 Green Onions Sliced
- 3 Tbsp Garlic Aioli Optional
- 2 Cups Dry Quinoa Cooked to Package Instructions
- In a medium sized crockpot add the chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese and seasonings. Cook on High for 4-6 hours or Low for 8.
- Shred Chicken with two forks or if you're adventurous and can block the splatter, use your hand mixer - works like a charm!
- Cook the Quinoa to package directions. I like to season quinoa with a smidge of garlic powder and some salt. For the two cups in this recipe I used ¼ tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp salt.
- While quinoa is cooking, slice and dice the toppings
- Assemble the bowls however you'd like! 1 cup of dry quinoa turns into about 3 cups when cooked, so you should have about 6 total cups of cooked quinoa which will yield 2 cups per person. I did the quinoa on one side of the bowl and the Shredded chicken mix on the other. Then I just sprinkled the ingredients on top with a drizzle of garlic aioli (which is just garlic blended in mayonnaise) Another topping option that would work great for these is sour cream or ranch salad dressing to help tame the heat! enjoy!!
Five Fast Facts about Franks Red Hot Sauce from this Chicken Bowl
1.You shouldn't keep Frank’s RedHot in the fridge
The vinegar in hot sauce acts as a preservative so there’s no need to chill it. In fact, doing so could actually dull its flavor.
2. We wouldn't have Buffalo wings without it
Not if you want to follow the original recipe created by Teressa Bellissimo in 1964. Legend has it that the co-owner of the Anchor Bar in Buffalo was asked to rustle up a snack for her son and his friends late one night. She just happened to have some wings and some Frank’s RedHot lying around the kitchen. She mixed the hot sauce with butter and the rest is galline (that means chicken) history.
3. The record for most wings eaten is 444 in 26 minutes
That record is held by Patrick Bertoletti who won the 2015 Wing Bowl, an annual competitive eating contest in Philadelphia. He beat runner up Molly Schuyler by only 4 wings, but she came back the following year to steal the crown from him with 429 wings to his 408.
4. It’s good for you
Capsaicin (which is what makes peppers hot) has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anticancer properties. But it’s most effective when combined with fats, which means Buffalo wings are basically a health food. You’re welcome.
5. Frank’s RedHot isn’t actually red hot
This test measured the spiciness of Frank’s RedHot Original at 450 SHU (Scoville Heat Units), about the same as a pepperoncini or pimiento pepper. (Tabasco, by comparison, comes in at 700 SHU.) Frank’s XTRA Hot is closer to 2,000 SHU, which is about the same as an ancho or poblano pepper. Respectable, but still nowhere near the slow, sexy burn of a 10,000 SHU jalapeño.