Too many cucumbers on hand? Try this easy 5 ingredient cucumber salad. Ready in 15 minutes.
Too many cucumbers from the garden? Need an easy solution? 5 ingredients. 15 minutes!
- Food Processor
- 1 pound english cucumbers or other variety
- ½ medium red onion Sliced Thinly or Diced
- 1.5 teaspoon Salt
- 1.5 teaspoon Sugar
- 2.5 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- For this recipe you can use a food processor, mandolin, box grater or a good ol knife and cutting board. I used a food processor I used the slicing disc for the cucumbers and the S blade for the onion.
Making the Salad
- Wash the cucumbers and if they have a thick skin then peel them aswell. Thinly Slice the cucumbers.
- slice or dice the onion
- Add Cucumbers and Onions to a medium salad bowl. Mix in the Salt and Sugar. Stir to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes
- Add in the red wine vinegar, stir until combined. Chill for 10 minutes in the fridge before serving.
This salad gets better over time! Last for two days in the fridge.
Serving: 1CupCalories: 15kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 438mgPotassium: 95mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 60IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 11mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!