If your favourite Chinese takeout dish isn't Ginger Beef, than can we even be friends? Making Ginger Beef at home isn't super hard but achieving the same flavour with about 1/10th the effort is my idea of a perfect weeknight meal.
Why is this Ginger Beef so lazy?
This meal takes 20 MINUTES. You can't even order pizza and have it on your table that quick so please save this recipe because your future self with give you a high five if you do. Regular ginger beef is a whole lotta slicing and dipping and frying. This is seriously brown the beef add some sauce badda boom badda bing your ginger beef is done.
Lazy Ginger Beef
- 2 LBS Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Onion Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Diced or Minced
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon ginger paste or grated
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon white or rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ Cup Green Onions Cut into 2-3" thin strips
- 2 Carrots Julienned
- 3 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Julienned
- 4 Cups Uncle Bens Converted Rice Cooked to Package Instructions
- Brown the Beef, if you're not using lean ground beef drain off the fat once browned.
- Add in Garlic and Onion, Cook for 5 minutes
- Add Water, Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar, Ginger, Red Pepper Flakes, Vinegar and Sesame Oil.
- Create Cornstarch Slurry with water and cornstarch. Add to sauce. Let sauce Simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. You can skip this whole step if you don't want a thick sauce. Its your dish now my friend!
- I serve this with uncle bens converted rice. I do One Cup dry rice for every two people. So with 2lbs beef I would boil 4 Cups Rice.