Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwiches are delicious but they are even better if you have it ready for you on your busy mornings. This classic sandwich freezes and reheats really well and is a smart make a head breakfast item to have on hand. This recipe makes 12 sandwiches! Make a dozen now and enjoy on your busy mornings instead of skipping breakfast.
- English Muffins
- Cheddar Cheese
- Onion Powder
- Cooking Spray (Canola Oil)
How to make Bacon Breakfast Sandwiches
- Mix the eggs with seasonings in a bowl. Spray a 9x13" pan liberally with cooking spray. Add Egg Mixture
- Lay Bacon on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Assemble Sandwiches
The Gist of It
- Season, Form and Cook the Sausage Patties.
- Mix the eggs with milk and seasonings, bake.
- Assemble the sandwiches
- Enjoy now or freeze for later.
Freeze for Later:
These are great fresh but also wonderful to have in the freezer and have ready for busy mornings. Simply wrap in paper wax paper and place in a freezer grade plastic bag, such as ziploc, for up to 6 months.
To Reheat: They are of the best quality when defrosted overnight in the fridge and then in the morning you can wrap in paper towel and heat for 1 minute, flip and heat for another minute. Every microwave heats differently so continue to microwave until heated through. 🙂
You can also reheat in the oven. Again, defrost first. Unwrap each sandwich as wax paper cannot go in the oven. Place in a 9x13" pan or on a cookie sheet and cover with foil. Heat for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
Can I double this recipe?
Yes. However when it comes to the eggs, you will want to bake in TWO 9x13" pans.
Can I halve the recipe?
Yes, However when it comes to the eggs, you will need to bake in a 8x8" pan and bake for less time. approximately 20 minutes. Do not over bake, take out of the oven when the eggs have just set in the middle of the pan.
Can I reheat these in the oven?
Yes, heat in a 350 degree F oven for 10-15 minutes.
More Breakfast Recipes:
- French Toast Breakfast Bake
- Sausage and Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Frittata for Four
- Easy Fluffy Banana Pancakes
More Easy Recipes:
Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- 12 Strips Thick Sliced Bacon
- 12 Large Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Parsley
- 12 English Muffins
- 12 Slices Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°FIf you have a convection oven place the bacon on a lined sheet pan with a rack on top. This will allow the air to circulate around the bacon and cook evenly - and crisp up! It works the same as an air fryer.If you have a conventional oven lay the bacon out in a single layer on a lined baking sheet.Cook the bacon for 20 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Cook times vary greatly depending on curing method and thickness
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and seasonings. Pour into a 9x13" pan that has been greased. Bake for 25 minutes. Check to see if the eggs are set in the middle. Remove once the eggs are set. Once cooked, cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Assemble each sandwich with cheese, bacon and a slice of egg.
- Wrap in wax paper and place in a freezer safe airtight bag or container.
- Thaw in the fridge overnight
- Microwave: Remove wax paper and wrap in paper towel. Heat for one minute, flip and heat for an additional minute. As every microwave seems to heat differently please keep an eye on the sandwich and note how long it takes with your specific microwave.Oven: Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove wax paper. Place in a 9 x13" dish and cover with tinfoil. Heat for 10-15minutes or until heated through.