Say goodbye to drive thru lineups and hello to Freezer Breakfast Sausage Sandwiches! These are supper simple to make and hit the spot. These make a great freezer meal, so make a dozen now and enjoy on your busy mornings. In this recipe I outline how to make your own Breakfast Sausage patties, if you want a easier version you can use premade sausage patties. Simply cook them and assemble the sandwiches.
- English Muffin
- Cheddar Cheese
- Onion Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Red Pepper Flakes
The Gist of It
- Season, Form and Cook the Sausage Patties.
- Mix the eggs with milk and seasonings, bake.
- Assemble the sandwiches
- Enjoy now or freeze for later.
Freeze for Later:
These are great fresh but also wonderful to have in the freezer and have ready for busy mornings. Simply wrap in paper wax paper and place in a freezer grade plastic bag, such as ziploc, for up to 6 months.
To Reheat: They are of the best quality when defrosted overnight in the fridge and then in the morning you can wrap in paper towel and heat for 1 minute, flip and heat for another minute. Every microwave heats differently so continue to microwave until heated through. 🙂
You can also reheat in the oven. Again, defrost first. Unwrap each sandwich as wax paper cannot go in the oven. Place in a 9x13" pan or on a cookie sheet and cover with foil. Heat for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
Can I double this recipe?
Yes. However when it comes to the eggs, you will want to bake in TWO 9x13" pans.
Can I halve the recipe?
Yes, However when it comes to the eggs, you will need to bake in a 8x8" pan and bake for less time. approximately 20 minutes. Do not over bake, take out of the oven when the eggs have just set in the middle of the pan.
Can I reheat these in the oven?
Yes, heat in a 350 degree F oven for 10-15 minutes.
More Easy Recipes:
More Breakfast Recipes:
- French Toast Breakfast Bake
- Sausage and Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Frittata for Four
- Easy Fluffy Banana Pancakes
Breakfast Sausage Sandwich
- 1½ Pounds Ground Pork
- 2 Teaspoons Sage
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- ⅛ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes Optional
- ⅛ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 12 Large Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Parsley
- 12 English Muffins
- 12 Slices Cheddar Cheese
- Mix the ground pork and seasons well. Form into 12 equal pieces and then flatten to form the patty. I aim to have the patty the same size as the bun I am using. remember that as the meat cooks, it will shrink.
- Let the formed sausage patties sit in the fridge to firm up - minimum of 20 minutes
- In an electric griddle or frying pan on med-high heat, sear the meat and cook with a lid on. The lid will help contain the mess and keep the steam in to cook the meat through. Pork is cooked well done at an internal temperature of 170°F
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and seasonings. Pour into a 9x13" pan that has been greased. Bake for 25 minutes. Check to see if the eggs are set in the middle. Remove once the eggs are set. Once cooked, cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Assemble each sandwich with cheese, sausage and a slice of egg.
- Wrap in wax paper and place in a freezer safe airtight bag or container.
- Thaw in the fridge overnight
- Microwave: Remove wax paper and wrap in paper towel. Heat for one minute, flip and heat for an additional minute. As every microwave seems to heat differently please keep an eye on the sandwich and note how long it takes with your specific microwave.Oven: Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove wax paper. Place in a 9 x13" dish and cover with tinfoil. Heat for 10-15minutes or until heated through.