Canned Corn... BORING. Chili Lime Southern Fried Corn? WOW.
If Chili Lime isn't your thing you can do a Garlic Herb blend. For one can of corn use:
- 1 clove of garlic finely diced or minced
- 1 tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt/pepper to taste.
You can definitely use fresh corn sliced off the cob or frozen corn for this. I find canned corn has the most consistent quality and is easiest for this recipe.
Chili Lime Southern Fried Corn
Add a little seasonings and shazam this pantry staple becomes the star side dish on your table
- 1 tablespoon Butter or margarine or canola oil
- 1` Can Corn
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Lime Juiced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a medium size non stick skillet on medium heat
- Drain Corn and add to the pan. Fry until heated through about 2 minutes.
- Add Chili powder and lime juice, fry for an additional minute. Top with salt and pepper. Enjoy!!
This can also be slow cooked in the slow cooker if you are making it for a crowd. Add all the cans of corn to a slow cooker with the liquid from the can, add the chili and lime. Cook on low if you are starting this early or high if you don't have forever. Easy to set and forget! Add the butter at the end before serving.
Calories: 134kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 4gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 59mgPotassium: 280mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 958IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 16mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!