Canned Corn... BORING. Chili Lime Southern Fried Corn? WOW.
If Chili Lime isn't your thing you can do a Garlic Herb blend. For one can of corn use:
- 1 clove of garlic finely diced or minced
- 1 tbsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt/pepper to taste.
You can definitely use fresh corn sliced off the cob or frozen corn for this. I find canned corn has the most consistent quality and is easiest for this recipe.
Chili Lime Southern Fried Corn
- 1 tbsp Butter or margarine or canola oil
- 1` Can Corn
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Lime Juiced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a medium size non stick skillet on medium heat
- Drain Corn and add to the pan. Fry until heated through about 2 minutes.
- Add Chili powder and lime juice, fry for an additional minute. Top with salt and pepper. Enjoy!!