These 30 minute Sheet pan chicken fajitas are one of the easiest weeknight meals. They create minimal dirty dishes and is a dish you can have your family assemble to their liking at the table. This recipe includes how to make your own fajita spice blend, but if you want an easier meal you can always use a store bought packet.
- Bell Peppers
Optional Spice Blend
If you like this spice blend, you can always find the recipe here -> DIY Fajita Seasoning Blend
- Chili Powder
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
What toppings go best with Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas?
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar Cheese
- Pico de Gallo
The Gist of It:
How to make sheet pan chicken fajitas in 30 minutes.
- Preheat Oven
- Slice all the veggies
- Slice the chicken
- Mix the seasonings with the chicken and veggies
Frequently Asked Questions about 30 minute sheet pan chicken fajitas:
Yes you can absolutely use steak. Flank steak (Chuck) is my favourite for this.
You could use another cut of chicken although cook times would be different so I can not tell you how successful this would be.
If you refer to your user manual it will be able to give the best location. As a general rule in a convection oven this would go second from the top and in a conventional oven, it would cook best on the middle rack.
The cornstarch is there because it absorbs the liquid from the vegetables as they cook. If you omit the cornstarch this meal will be very liquidey and you might find yourself needing to drain the liquid from the pan before serving.
I hope you enjoy these 30 minute sheet pan chicken fajitas, if you're looking for another weeknight meal I have a bunch. Feel Free to see the 30 minute meals I have here.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts Thinly Sliced
- 3 Bell Peppers Thinly Sliced
- 1 Medium Red Onion Thinly Sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic Diced
- 1 Cup White Button Mushrooms Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil Or other cooking oil
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 1 Lime
- 6 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 6 Tablespoons Salsa
- 6 Tablespoons Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 6 10" Tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- wash the produce you are using and then thinly slice everything. Thinly slice the chicken breast as well.
- mix together the seasoning blend and then toss the produce and chicken in the oil and seasoning blend.
- Place prepared ingredients in an even layer on a large sheet pan that is lined with tinfoil, a silicone mat or parchment paper. You do not need to line the pan if using stoneware.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes.
- Top the pan with freshly squeezed lime juice and cilantro leaves.
- Assemble the Fajitas to your liking. 😊