PSA you don't need an air fryer or deep fryer.. you CAN achieve CRISPY potatoes in an oven. I finally found the way, and now I'm sharing with you how to make Crispy Greek Potatoes. These potatoes are seasoned with lemon juice, salt and oregano but cooked in a 50/50 mix of water and olive oil. The secret to their crispiness is CORNMEAL.
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil (or Canola Oil)
- Cornmeal (Semolina works too)
- Feta Cheese
- Red Onion
- Parsley (Optional)
The Gist of it
- Peel and cut up the potatoes. Dice the Garlic
- Mix the Oil, water, lemon juice, oregano, garlic and cornmeal together.
- Place the potatoes on cookie sheet, cover with the liquid. Stir to coat.
- Make sure potatoes are in an even layer
Frequently Asked Questions
No, they lose their crispiness over night.
Yes. Obviously due to the fan these will crisp up even more in a convection oven but they will still get crispy, thanks to the mixture, in a conventional oven.
Big potato lover? Try my Perfect Mashed Potatoes next!
Crispy Greek Potatoes
- 3 Pounds Russet Potatoes About 7 medium Potatoes
- 150 ml Water
- 150 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 Lemons, Juiced 4-6 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Cornmeal or Semolina
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon Table salt Salt after cooking
- 1 Tablespoon Feta Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley Leaves or 1 Teaspoon Dried
- 2 Tablespoons Red Onion Finely Diced
- Preheat oven to 400°F If you have a convection oven set it use that setting. If you have conventional, it will still work! Still set the oven to 400°F
- Wash, Peel and Cut the potatoes. I cut mine into 1.5" cubes.
- Peel and finely dice the garlic.
- Mix the water, oil, lemon juice, cornmeal, oregano and garlic together.
- On a large baking sheet lined with a silicone mat place the potatoes in a single layer. Pour the sauce over the potatoes and stir to mix. Make sure you leave the potatoes in a dingle layer and bonus points if they aren't touching each other.
- Bake for 30 Minutes or until tender. The time will vary based on the exact thickness of the potatoes.
- While the potatoes are cooking chop up the parsley and red onion.
- Toss the potatoes with salt and then Top Cooked potatoes with parsley, red onion and feta cheese.