I have had to change this recipe to Ryan’s Fluffy Pancakes because he makes them every weekend! Ryan is my older brother and just like me he thinks Fluffy pancakes are at the top of the pancake food chain. In my opinion, homemade pancakes are soooo much better than box mixes! However, if you open my cupboard you'll see a back up box for those days we just need to add water to our mornings. 😉 If you aren't into cakey pancakes try my Dutch pancakes they are similar to a French crepe!
Ingredients you need to make Fluffy Pancakes:
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- To get evenly sized pancakes use a dry measuring cup or a cookie scoop.
- Make sure your Baking Soda and Baking Powder isn't expired.
- When the tops are bubbling its time to flip
- Dishes like Pancakes and Eggs is where a non stick pan comes in handy
- a thin metal spatula or silicon spatula is best
- Keeping the pancakes on a plate with a towel on the bottom and top helps the cooked pancakes stay warm without getting soggy or dried out.
- If you don't have vanilla extract try some maple extract - delicious!
- No Matter what, these homemade pancakes will be better than boxed!
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½` teaspoon Table Salt
- 1¾ Cups Milk
- ¼ Cup Melted Butter or Margarine
- 2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- In a large bowl mix all of the dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients. Whisk until combined.
- On a griddle, electric frying pan, frying pan heated to medium heat add a small dollop of butter or margarine to the pan and the amount of batter you would like. I usually do about ¼ cup per pancake.
- Flip once bubbles start to form and fry for an additional 30-60 seconds until both sides of the pancake are nicely browned.
Thats Fluffing Interesting Here are 5 Fast Facts about Fluffy Pancakes from MTV Click here for 10 More.
1. The first pancakes were called Alita Dolcia ("another sweet" in Latin) and were made by Romans in the 1st Century AD.
2. The world's biggest pancake measured 49+ feet in diameter and weighed 6,614 pounds.
3. In the U.S., Southerners eat the most pancakes, accounting for 32.5% of our pancake consumption.
4. International Pancake Day falls on the same day as Mardi Gras. Shrove Tuesday and it’s how countries like England and Ireland observe the day before Lent.
5. The world’s most expensive pancake is available for $200.00 at Opus in the Printworks in England. Ingredients include Madagascan vanilla pods and 23-carat gold leaf.