It is hard to beat a sheet pan dinner. These Greek Meatball Bowls are the perfect dish if you love roasted vegetables, easy protein and big flavour. You start by peeling and cubing the sweet potato. While the sweet potato roasts, you can cut up your other vegetables and marinate them in a balsamic and soy sauce blend. Then make easy Greek Meatballs. Once the sweet potatoes have roasted for 20 minutes you literally dump the marinated vegetables on top of them and then place the meatballs on top of everything and cook for another 20 minutes. It's a really simple meal that I am sure you and your loved ones will enjoy year-round.
- Sweet Potato
- Red Onion
- Tomato (Cherry or other small tomatoes)
- Bell Pepper
- Soy sauce
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Canola OIl
- Salt & Pepper
Greek Meatball Ingredients
- Ground Lamb (chicken, turkey, beef or other ground proteins work!)
- Onion Flakes
- Garlic Powder
- Red Onion
- Small Tomato
How to Make Greek Bowls:
- Peel & Cube the sweet potato.
- Roast the Sweet Potato for 20 mins
- Wash and Chop the remaining vegetables, marinate in soy sauce and balsamic oil
- Make the easy Greek Meatballs.
- Once the sweet potatoes have roasted for 20 minutes you literally dump the marinated vegetables on top of them and then place the meatballs on top of everything and cook for another 20 minutes.
How to Make Easily Meatballs:
I find the quickest and easiest way to make a bunch of meatballs is to use a cookie scoop. I use a medium cookie scoop for these meatballs. This equals about 3 tablespoons of meat per ball. When you use a cookie scoop you can quickly divide the meat into individual balls and then, once that is done, you can roll them with your hands to create a smooth uniform ball.
How long do I bake Meatballs?
These meatballs take 20-25 minutes. If you are wondering if a meatball is cooked the best thing to do is take the internal temperature here is a quick guide to internal cooking temperatures for ground meat
- Lamb - 160∘F
- Chicken - 165∘F
- Turkey - 165∘F
- Beef - 160∘F
- Pork - 165 ∘F
Other Greek Seasoned Recipes
Greek Meatball Bowls - Sheetpan Dinner
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 Cup White Button Mushrooms Whole
- 1 Zucchini Quartered Lengthwise then Sliced
- 1 Red Onion Chopped. reserve a few tablespoons of finely diced red onion if you want some raw red onion to top your bowls with.
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Chopped into 1" chunks
- ½ Cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- ¼ Cup Canola Oil I don't use Olive oil here because of the high cooking temperature. If you don't want canola oil use a high smoke point oil.
- ½ Teaspoon Salt Only use if using a low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- 700 grams Ground Lamb or other ground meat
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Flakes
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 4 Tablespoons Red Onion Finely Diced
- 8 Tablespoons Tzatziki
- 4 Teaspoons Feta Crumbled
- 8 Tablespoons Cucumber Quartered Lengthwise and then finely sliced (Wedges)
- ¼ Cup Cherry Tomatoes Quartered
- Prepare a large Sheet pan or two standard sized ones with aluminium foil or parchment paper.
- Peel and cube the sweet potato and toss in oil. Scatter pieces evenly apart on the sheet pan.
- Place in the oven and then turn the oven on to 450°F. You don't need to preheat the oven before putting the sweet potatoes in. Sweet potatoes are sweeter when they are slowly brought up to heat.
- Set the timer for 20 minutes
- Wash all of the Vegetables.
- Cut Vegetables as listed in ingredient list. Add to a large bowl.
- To the Bowl of Vegetables add the oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Combine all the ingredients until well mixed.
- Divide the meat into balls (about 3 tablespoons per ball)
Roast all together
- After the 20-minute timer goes off for the sweet potatoes; open the oven and dump the vegetables right on top of the sweet potatoes. Use a spoon to arrange them in an even layer.
- Place the meatballs on top of the vegetables.
- Set the timer for 20 minutes and let everything bake together.
- Cut the onion, cucumber, and tomatoes. Prepare the Tzatiki and Feta..
- Once meatballs have reached 165°F internal temperature and the vegetables are tender you can serve. Divide into 4 bowls. Top with feta, a scoop of tzatziki and the fresh vegetables.
Review This Recipe: