Greek Meatball Feta pasta is quick and easy to throw together. Vegetables, Meatballs and Feta are all roasted on the same sheet pan in 30 minutes to create the perfect weeknight pasta dish. It is a light tasting pasta and not to acidic or salty. Bonus points for the ability to sneak in your favourite vegetables.
Ingredients for Greek Meatball Feta Pasta
- Bell Peppers
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Ground Beef (lamb, chicken and turkey would wok well too!)
The Gist of It
- Wash and Cut the Vegetables
- Mix and Form the Meat Balls
- Bake the Sheet Pan
- Boil The Pasta
- Combine Everything
FAQ about Greek Meatball Feta Pasta
Yes! just be sure to cut to a size that they will all cook in the same amount of time. SO if you're using broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, eggplant or other vegetables that take a while to roast be sure to cut them on the smaller side.
Love Greek Flavours?
More Great Recipes:
Greek Meatball Feta Pasta
- 1 Pound Ground Beef or your favourite ground protein: lamb, chicken etc
- ½ Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes Whole
- 1 Red Onion Diced
- 1 Cup White Button Mushrooms Quartered
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper Diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves Diced
- 200 grams Feta Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon Table Salt
- 500 Grams Pasta Penne Rigate
- 2 Cups Pasta Water
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Combine the meat, egg, breadcrumbs and seasonings together in a bowl. Form into 12 Equally Sized Meatballs.
- Wash and Cut vegetables.Tomatoes - Leave wholeOnion - Finely DicedPeppers - Finely DicedMushrooms - Quartered
- On a Sheet pan lined with a silicone mat, tinfoil or parchment paper: Scatter prepared vegetables then nestle the formed meatballs throughout. Place the Feta in the middle.
- Drizzle Sheet pan ingredients with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and oregano.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until meatballs read an internal temperature of well done. (160°F for ground beef)
- While the sheet pan is baking, in a large pot boil 2 Litres of water. Once water is boiling cook the pasta until el dente. Occasionally Stir the pasta while it boils. Penne is el dente in about 9 Minutes.
- Remove the cooked pasta from the water and add the pasta to a large bowl with the ingredients from the sheet pan. Mix to distribute the cheese and vegetables evenly. Add 2 Cups of the pasta water to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve the pasta into four bowls and two-three meatballs per serving.
- Top with finely diced red onion and fresh parsley if you're feeling fancy.