When you want to eat healthy but you're a human not a rabbit, this honey roasted balsamic chicken and quinoa bowl is the perfect meal. This bowl is filled with veggies and protein/fibre rich quinoa but it actually tastes good. You wanna know why? Because every nook and cranny of this dish has herbs and spices. Healthy doesn't have to be bland. 😎
So, What do you need to make a honey roasted balsamic chicken and quinoa bowl?
You can use any veggies that light your fire but here is what I use:
- 2 Bell Peppers
- Large Red Onion
- 6 Carrots
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
Good alternatives would be broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, cauliflower etc.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Garlic Powder
The Gist of It
- Wash and Cut up the vegetables
- Season the veggies and chicken on a sheet pan, season them. Roast in oven
- Season and Cook the Quinoa
- Slice the chicken add extra dressing
- Assemble bowls
If you love bowls, and quinoa and chicken try my Buffalo Chicken Bowls next! Spicy. 🔥
FAQ for Chicken Quinoa Bowls with honey roasted Balsamic Vegetables.
YES. Please at some point try quinoa because trust me, its fantastic. If your family or whoever you're cooking this for is a simple food crew you can make this with rice instead! (My favourite is uncle bens converted brown rice. It cooks in 20 minutes and you can season it the exact same as I describe in this recipe and use the same amounts.)
Yes you can. The cook time and technique will be different though so please account for that.
You can make this with any vinaigrette type dressing! (psst you can use bottle dressing if you want) Greek, Italian, Honey Dijon etc.
Broccoli, Zucchini, Cauliflower, Mushrooms
Honey Roasted Balsamic Chicken Bowl
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon Parsley
- ½ Teaspoon Basil
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes Optional
Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Large Bell Peppers
- 1 Large Red Onion
- 8 Large Carrots
- 2 Cloves Garlic
Honey Balsamic Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 4 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 2 Cups Water or Chicken Stock/add a chicken bouillon cube to your water and quinoa!
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Butter Optional, Add after cooking
- Julienned Carrots
- Green Onions or Finely Diced Red Onions
- Balsamic Reduction
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Measure out the spices and herbs, mix and set aside.
- Wash and cut the vegetables. carrots should be thinly sliced so that they cook in time. about ½ cm. the peppers and onions should be in 1 inch squares. finely chop the garlic.
- Combine the honey, vinegar and oil. Set aside.
- On a large sheet pan that is lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat add the prepared vegetables and chicken. Evenly sprinkle the spice mix over everything.
- Vigorously mix the vinegar and honey mixture to combine. Pour HALF on top of the chicken and vegetables.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (about 30 minutes)
Cook the Quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa with a fine mesh strainer.
- To a medium sized saucepan add the quinoa, water and seasonings.
- Cook to package instructions.
- Once cooked, add butter - if using.
- Once the chicken is cooked. Slice into even pieces and pour the rest of the dressing over the baked chicken and vegetables.
- Divide the quinoa into 4 bowls. Top with vegetables and chicken.
- Add fresh veggies and balsamic glaze, if using.