Oh how I love these Lemon Cookies, they are not too sweet and not too tart. Try them and you'll see how delish and easy to make these are. If you aren't a fan of lemon don't run away I bet you will still like these! My husband isn't the biggest citrus fan and he even liked these 😉 Real lemon juice and the zest of the lemon keeps these in the delicious category and out of the junk artificial flavour we are accustomed too with store bought cookies.
Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- ¼ Cup Cream Cheese softened
- ¼ Cup Butter softened
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 3 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Table Salt
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Cup Icing Sugar Confectioners Sugar
- Preheat Oven to 350°F and Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together until light and fluffy
- Add in granulated sugar and beat mixture again until it is light and fluffy
- Add in the egg, stirring until fully incorporated
- add lemon juice, lemon zest... and guess what.. beat it until combined 🙂
- Add in salt, flour, cornstarch and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
- Scoop Dough into 2" Balls, and then roll them in the bowl of icing sugar. Place on prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 12-13minutes
- All to cool and firm up on cookie sheet before enjoying.
Five Fast Facts about Cream Cheese:
Read more at SpoonUniversity.com
- There is a whole section dedicated to Cream Cheese in the FDA Regulations Handbook.
Sec. 133.133 of the Code of Federal Regulations regulates what the FDA defines as being 'cream cheese' (because obviously we are very serious about our cream cheese addictions, and need to make sure that it's being produced correctly). The minimum milkfat content must be 33% by weight of the finished food, and the maximum moisture content must be 55% by weight, just in case you were wondering.
- Philadelphia is the number one cream cheese brand in the US.
Are you even slightly surprised? Boasting the very first production of cream cheese in 1872 in New York by William Lawrence, Philadelphia has since become the best-selling cream cheese brand in the United States. You can read about the brand's full timeline here.
- Its invention was a very happy accident
William Lawrence was actually trying to replicate a French recipe of Neufchatel cheese and something went wrong, but actually very very right in the long run.
- You can make it at home and it's pretty easy
Impress everyone you know once you nail this basic recipe. You can easily make variations by adding funfetti, fresh fruit or chocolate chips. This would be a stellar personalized gift for friends and family, which would be total #browniepoints.
- Truffle cream cheese is a thing..
Do you have $1000 to spare on lunch? Take a visit to the Westin Hotel in Times Square and try their bagel with white truffle cream cheese and a Riesling jelly infused with goji berries, topped with gold leaf. This is the most expensive bagel in the world, for obvious reasons. So decadent, but probably oh so delicious.
Loving Cream Cheese? Try this Buffalo Chicken Bowl for your next dinner.