I love smoothie bowls, my kids love smoothie bowls, they are just mmmm mmmm ya. These things have been pretty damn trendy on the gram for years as foodies snap their purchases from huts and cafes around the world. Luckily they are really easy to make at home and WAY cheaper.
I like to use a bag of fruit blends from the frozen aisle for this. Why?
- frozen fruit is cheaper than fresh
- consistent results
- access to fruits I never see in my store in rural Canada
- I am lazy in the morning. 😏
My Favourite blends so far are:
- Dragon Crush from Walmart Includes Dragon Fruit, what a treat.
- 4 Fruit Blend from Presidents Choice Has mango in it and I dont have to cut the mango win win.
- Passion Burst from Walmart This one has Passion Fruit in it!!
For a whole bag of frozen fruit I add just a splash of milk you are making a smoothie bowl, not a smoothie. You want this to be the consistency of ice cream that you eat with a spoon not something you drink with a straw. I like to sweeten this with a bit of honey, agave or maple syrup. Of course at the end I toss in pure vanilla extract because that is what makes my soul happy so it basically goes in everything I make. 😉
For toppings I always add coconut chia granola because it has all the things packed into one box. I also add some fresh fruit such as sliced banana or berries.
- 1 Bag Frozen Fruit 600g
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 2 tablespoon Honey Maple Syrup or Agave
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Coconut Chia Granola Divided
- 1 Banana Sliced
- Throw it all in the blender press go, Scroll through the gram.
- Scoop Contents into Bowls
- Top with Sliced Fruit and Granola