These Monster Cookies are Huge. They are Gluten Free, and can be dairy free too. They come together quickly and in one bowl, making them the perfect snack for the kids to make for themselves. WIN 😎
Here's all you need to make these Gluten Free Monster Cookies:
- Butter or Margarine
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Peanut Butter
- Baking Soda
- Rolled Oats
- M&M Candies
- Chocolate Chips
All You Need to Know about these easy cookies:
- These Monster cookies are gluten free since they don't have any flour!
- It is best to use what I deem to be regular peanut butter. Natural peanut butters are too oily and wont work.
- Using Margarine makes these cookies Dairy Free* (some margarine contains dairy so read your labels) but you can definitely use butter if that is your go to! Just make sure it is softened first 😀
- I use my ¼ Cup measuring cup to scoop out the "dough" onto the cookie sheet
- It is important to not over crowd the pan with these cookies, they spread A LOT. I put four cookies on a standard size cookie sheet.
- These cookies do not require any chill time. If you do chill them they will still turn out but might need a bit longer in the oven.
- I do not flatten the gluten free monster cookie dough before baking, they will do that all on their own.
- You will be tempted to remove the cookies from the cookie sheet after baking is complete. Do not do it. Let them cool completely on the sheet to 'set up' before you even think about removing them.
This recipe was inspired by the ones from Cookie And Kate she uses coconut oil and coconut sugar - so if thats more your style head over to her site for the recipe!
Monster Cookies (Gluten Free!)
- 2.5 tablespoon Margarine or softened butter
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar
- ⅓ Cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1½ Cup Rolled Oats
- ⅓ Cup Mini M&M's Regular Size works too!
- ⅓ Cup Mini Chocolate Chips Regular Size works too!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
Mix The Dough
- In a Large Bowl:Mix the margarine and sugars together in a bowl.
- Add in the Peanut butter and Egg, stir well.
- Now add the vanilla, baking soda and salt. stir.
- Fold in the rolled oats
- Fold in the Chocolate Chips and M&M's.
Prepare for Baking
- Prepare multiple baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. You will need 1 sheet/4 cookies or bake in batches.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring scoop divide the dough on to the cookie sheets. You should get 8 cookies for the 1x version of this recipe. 16 cookies for the 2x version and 24 cookies for the 3x version.
- Bake for 12 minutes on the middle rack.
Cool the Cookies
- Remove from the oven and leave the cookies on the cookie sheet to cool completely before devouring them like a little monster 😀 These cookies are special because they do not need to go on to a cooling rack, that will wreck them. Hope you Enjoy 👍
Loving all the cookies right now? Try my Kid Friendly Halloween Cutout Sugar Cookies next!