These Beef and Bean Burritos are quick and easy to make. They are filled with seasoned ground beef, Mexican rice, refried beans plus mushrooms, corn and more. These easy beef and bean burritos can be made and enjoyed straight away or tucked into the freezer for your future self to enjoy. This recipe makes TEN burritos so you can even eat some now and save some for later.
- Ground Beef
- Refried Beans
Other Ingredients for Beef and Bean Burittos
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 10- 10" Tortilla Wraps
Burrito Mexican Red Rice Ingredients
- Beef Bouillon
- Tomato Paste
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Jalapeno (canned) Optional
Steps to Make Burritos at Home:
- Get the Rice Cooking.
- Brown the Ground Beef. Add in the onion, mushrooms and garlic. Add in remaining ingredients and simmer.
- Prepare wraps with cheese.
- Add Filling and Rice
- Roll and Grill OR Cool the ingredients and then Roll and wrap individually and freeze.
Tips for the Best Burritos
- Don't Overfill the tortillas!
- FRY/Grill the burritos once assembled. this takes them from meh to Woah.
- warm the tortillas slightly before assembling, this makes them easier to roll.
Frequently Asked Questions
Wrap in foil and place in a freezer quality bag. Freeze for up to 6 months.
From Frozen: Place in Oven for 40 minutes at 350F
Or Thaw: Reheat in Oven for 15 minutes at 350F
Microwave From Frozen: Remove Foil, 5 minutes on high (Depends on microwaves power)
Any ground meat will work. Pork, Lamb, Wild Game, Turkey etc.
Our favourite is Sour Cream but salsa, Guacamole and Queso are also delish.
More Easy Recipes
Ground Beef Recipes:
- Easy 30 Minute Southwest Beef Skillet
- Lazy Ginger Beef Bowls
- Cheeseburger Cups
- Vegetable and Potato Stuffed Meatloaf
Beef and Bean Burritos
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef
- 4 White Button Mushrooms
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- ½ Cup Salsa
- 1 Can Canned Corn
- 1 Can Refried Beans
- ¼ Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
Mexican Red Rice
- ¾ Cup Uncle Bens Converted Rice or Long Grain White Rice
- 1½ Cups Water
- ½ Cube Beef Bouillon
- 1½ Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- ¼ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Diced Jalapenos Optional
- 2 Sprigs Cilantro Optional
- 10 10" Wheat Tortillas
- 1½ Cups Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- Add the rice, water and all seasonings etc listed to a medium sized pot. If using Uncle Ben's converted rice you will cook for 20 minutes. It will say how long to cook your rice on the package if you're using a different variety of rice then I have listed. Stir the rice occasionally. Once cooked, set aside.
- In a Dutch Oven or Large pot on medium heat: Brown the Ground Beef. While it is browning, finely dice the onion, mince the garlic and slice the mushrooms. Once the beef is browned add in the onions, garlic and mushrooms.
- Deglaze the pot with the water and use a spoon to help lift any of the brown bits from the bottom of the pot. Add in the seasonings, stir. Add the refried beans, drained canned corn, and salsa. Stir until combined. Once heated through, remove from heat. The mixture thickens as it sits.
- Shred the Cheese and lay out the tortillas
- Evenly divide the cheddar cheese between all 10 tortillas.
- You can mix the rice with the filling, if you desire or add them to the tortillas separately. Either way, Evenly distribute the rice and fillings.
- Tip: Warm wraps are easier to roll than cold ones! If you're having difficulties, warm your wraps up in the microwave for a few seconds before assembly.How to Roll: Have all the fillings on one side of the wrap. Fold in both sides to the center. Use your thumbs to roll the bottom forward and up over itself. Keep the Tortilla tight the whole time. Fold the sides in again and roll until closed.
- Once assembled, you can eat it as is or you can grill in a frying pan or on an electric sandwich press. You can also heat these in the oven at 350°F for 15 minutes. See notes in the FAQ section to learn more about freezing these and reheating from frozen.