When I am outside cooking on the deck, I like to have everything for that meal cooking at once. These Smoked Carrots with a honey garlic glaze make the perfect side to any grilled protein you make this Summer. This recipe works in the oven as well so save it year-round!
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Carrots on the Traeger
- Preheat Traeger or other pellet grills to 450 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil or a silicone mat
- Wash and Peel Carrots, Chop off the Tops.
- Melt Butter, Mince Garlic
- Mix butter, honey and garlic
- Line Baking sheets with carrots in an even layer
- Pour Glaze over carrots
- Roast in Traeger for 45 minutes or until cooked through. I like to flip the carrots over halfway and brush them with the glaze from the pan in the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your carrots are med-large instead of small-medium I would cut them lengthwise in half and cook for the same amount of time.
Yes! It will say on your container of garlic powder what the equivalent is for a clove.
Baby cut carrots are those tiny rounded-off-end carrots often associated with lunch box snacks for kids. They would work in this recipe but the cooking time will only be 25-30 minutes.
What do I do differently if cooking in the oven?
If you are making "smoked" carrots with a honey garlic glaze in the oven you don't have to change a thing, except for the cooking appliance. These carrots will be roasted instead of smoked but the taste is very similar. I make these carrots about once a week because they honestly go with ANYTHING.
Other Great Recipes
Honey Garlic Glazed Carrots - Traeger Smoked
- 1 Traeger Grill or other pellet grill such as a pit boss
- 2 Pounds Carrots
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Liquid Honey
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven/Pellet Grill to 450°F
- Wash, peel and trim the tops off the carrots. If you have larger carrots please cut them in half lengthwise
- Prepare a standard sized baking sheet with tinfoil or a silicone mat.
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and honey.
- Mice the garlic and then add it to the melted butter mix.
- Stir to combine.
- Arrange the carrots in an even layer across the baking sheet.
- Pour your glaze over the carrots. Then, use a pastry brush to add glaze to any bare spots on the carrots.
- Place baking tray on the preheat pellet grill. Cook for 45 minutes or until cooked through. If desired you can turn the carrots over half way and or use your pastry brush to baste the carrots with the glaze as they cook.
- Once tender, remove from grill. Season with desired level of salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Review This Recipe: