Cabbage Roll Soup is more than just cabbage, it is filled with rice, beef, tomatoes and delicious seasonings. Its super quick to make and will fill you and the family up on a cold winters day.
- Ground Beef
- Beef Broth
- Diced Tomatoes
- Condensed Tomato Soup
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
The Gist of It
- Brown the Meat
- Sauté the Onions and Garlic
- Add the Broth, Tomatoes, Tomato Soup
- Add in Remaining ingredients
- Simmer until rice and cabbage are cooked
FAQ for Cabbage Roll Soup
Carrots, Sauerkraut, or Celery. You really can put what you like best in this soup!
You can absolutely use a different ground meat in this soup. Game, Lamb, Chicken, Pork and Turkey would all work well - assuming you enjoy the flavours of those meats. Use an equal amount of the meat you are swapping as it is written in the recipe.
You can, just add it at the end of cooking as it will turn to mush if boiled for a long time.
Use Tomato Sauce. Not Pasta sauce - Tomato Sauce.
Yes but it may make the colour of your soup odd and it may look weird but it WILL still taste good so as long as you're not feeding the Queen - go for it.
Yes! Any soup broth/stock will do.
An equal amount of Malt Vinegar, White Vinegar, Red Wine Vinegar etc.
More Easy Recipes:
Cabbage Roll Soup
- ½ Pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Onion Yellow, white or red. Diced.
- 6 Cloves garlic Minced
- 2 Cup Beef Broth
- 2 Cups Green Cabbage Diced
- ⅓ Cup Rice Such as uncle bens converted
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Thyme
- ½ Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- On Medium heat: In a large soup pot or Dutch oven sauté the beef until browned, add in the onion and garlic and continue to sauté until tender.
- Add in the beef broth using it to deglaze the pot and pick up any of the brown bits from the bottom of the pot that accumulated while you were doing the previous step.
- Add the cabbage and rice. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes and the condensed tomato soup. Now add the rest of the ingredients. (Spices and Worcestershire Sauce)
- Cover and let simmer until the rice and cabbage are cooked.
- Serve with salt and pepper, to taste. If you're really looking for a treat add a dollop of sour cream and some fresh dill.