Carrot and Red Pepper Soup probably isn't something you thought you'd be making but once you try it, it is quite easy to crave and make many times over. I first made a version of this soup as it was suggested while I was pregnant because it is healthy as can be for you. I continue to eat this soup because despite its few calories it packs a punch with its depth of flavour and ease of preparation.
- Red Pepper (or yellow or orange bell pepper)
- Curry Powder
- Black Pepper
Optional Serving: Cream, Coconut Milk, Greek Yogurt
How to Make Roasted Red Pepper and Carrot Soup
- Wash Peel and Dice the Produce
- Roast the Produce
- Add Roasted Vegetables to a pot with water and seasonings
A stand blender or food processor with the S blade work great to puree. Be careful with the steam when using these appliances, work in batches.
Yes, I have made this with yellow, orange and red pepper they all yield the same great soup!
Yes! Place in an airtight container or bag and freeze for up to 4 months. Defrost in fridge and reheat on the stove. Do not freeze the cream if you are using it. Simply wait to add that until serving.
Nope! You can simply sauté them in the soup pot. This is quicker but I personally think you develop more flavor by roasting. Either way is delicious though.
Plain Greek Yogurt, Coconut Milk, Dairy Alternative Milk or Sour Cream
More Easy Soup Recipes:
More Easy Recipes:
Carrot and Red Pepper Soup
- 1 Immersion Blender
- 1½ Pound Carrots Peeled, Cut into 1" Pieces
- 1 Red Pepper Yellow or Orange work too. Diced.
- 1 Yellow Onion diced
- ½ Head Garlic peeled
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
In Soup Pot
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Ginger or a 2" piece, grated.
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 6 Cups Water
- 12 Tablespoons Cream Optional, For Serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Wash, peel and prepare the carrots, pepper, onion and garlic for roasting. Place them on a large baking sheet. If using stoneware, you don’t need a liner. If using another material use a silicone mat or parchment paper to line the sheet before adding the vegetables. Drizzle with canola oil.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Add Roasted vegetables to a large pot or Dutch oven. Add water and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and then blend with an immersion blender.
- serve in 6 bowels, top with a drizzle of cream. See FAQ section for alternatives