This classic chicken noodle soup tastes just like grandma used to make - well like my grandma anyway 😉 Classic chicken noodle soup starts with a mirepoix (celery, carrots and onion) It can have other vegetables added such as bell peppers and garlic and should be seasoned simply with salt, pepper, thyme and turmeric. You can use any cut of chicken in chicken noodle soup. For this recipe I use a boneless skinless chicken breast.
- Bell Pepper
- Chicken Soup Stock
- Noodles (Broken Spaghetti)
- Turmeric (Gives colour, can omit if you don't have it)
The Gist of it
- Wash, and cut up your vegetables
- Cook Vegetables and Chicken
- Cut or Shred Chicken
- Add Stock, Seasonings and Noodles.
- Boil for 8-10 minutes (until noodles are cooked)
- Serve and Enjoy!
What can I serve with Classic Chicken Noodle Soup?
Which is the best broth/stock to use?
Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 3 Large Carrots Peeled and Diced
- 3 Ribs Celery Halved and Sliced
- 1 Large White or Yellow Onion Finely Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Bell Pepper Optional, Diced
- 2 Litres Chicken Stock
- ½ Teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Salt or to personal taste preference
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper or to personal taste preference
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley For Serving
- 43 Grams Spaghetti Noodles About ¼ Cup Spaghetti Broken into 1"-2" long pieces
- Wash and cut your carrots, onions, celery, garlic and pepper. Add it to a large pot with the chicken. If you are using a stainless steel pot, you can add in a tablespoon of canola oil to make your pot non stick.
- Clear a spot in the center of the pot for the chicken. Add Chicken breast and sear on both sides. By searing it, you will add a tonne of flavour!. Remove Chicken and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Add Stock, seasonings, noodles and chicken pieces to the pot.
- Bring to a boil for 8-10 minutes or until the noodles are el dente.
- Serve with fresh parsley.