BBQ Chicken Pinwheels make a great appetizer, snack or even main dish for lunch. They are quick and easy to make too and only require 7 ingredients.
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- BBQ sauce
- Green Onion
- Tortilla Wraps
How to make BBQ Chicken Pinwheels:
- Season and Cook the Chicken
- Shred the Chicken
- Dice Green Onion, Shred Cheese
- Mix Both cheeses, bbq sauce with the chicken then add in the green onion.
- smear onto wraps
- roll and cut into even sized pieces.
FAQ about BBQ Chicken Pinwheels:
You can freeze for up to two months in an airtight container, however the texture of the cream cheese changes. I usually only freeze items with cream cheese if I will be cooking it before eating it as it melts the cheese and helps fix the consistency issue that freezing causes.
you can make the pinwheels Two Days in advance, the mixture itself is good in the fridge for up to a week.
BBQ Chicken Pinwheels
- 8 Tortillas
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 2 Tablespoons Chicken Seasoning Rub See Note
- ½ Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 Block Cream Cheese
- 2 Stalks Green Onion Finely Diced
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- Coat the chicken in the chicken seasoning (see note below)
- Cook on medium high heat with a splash of water in the pan and the pan covered. Once cooked, remove and place in a mixing bowl.
- Using a hand blender, on low speed, shred the chicken. Place in fridge to chill.
- Dice the green onion. Shred the cheddar cheese.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge. Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, BBQ sauce and green onion to the chicken. Use the hand blender to mix everything together.
- Lay out the tortillas and evenly distribute the mix to each one. Use a rubber spatula to spread the mix in an even layer across the entire wrap.
- roll the prepared tortillas into a log. Slice into 5 even pieces.