BBQ Chicken Pinwheels make a great appetizer, snack or even main dish for lunch. They are quick and easy to make too and only require 7 ingredients.
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- BBQ sauce
- Green Onion
- Tortilla Wraps
How to make BBQ Chicken Pinwheels:
- Season and Cook the Chicken
- Shred the Chicken
- Dice Green Onion, Shred Cheese
- Mix Both cheeses, bbq sauce with the chicken then add in the green onion.
- smear onto wraps
- roll and cut into even sized pieces.
FAQ about BBQ Chicken Pinwheels:
Can I Freeze these?
You can freeze for up to two months in an airtight container, however the texture of the cream cheese changes. I usually only freeze items with cream cheese if I will be cooking it before eating it as it melts the cheese and helps fix the consistency issue that freezing causes.
Can I use something other than chicken?
How far in advance can I make these?
you can make the pinwheels Two Days in advance, the mixture itself is good in the fridge for up to a week.
BBQ Chicken Pinwheels
A quick and easy recipe that can be served as an appetizer, snack or main for lunch.
- 8 Tortillas
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 2 Tablespoons Chicken Seasoning Rub See Note
- ½ Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 Block Cream Cheese
- 2 Stalks Green Onion Finely Diced
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- Coat the chicken in the chicken seasoning (see note below)
- Cook on medium high heat with a splash of water in the pan and the pan covered. Once cooked, remove and place in a mixing bowl.
- Using a hand blender, on low speed, shred the chicken. Place in fridge to chill.
- Dice the green onion. Shred the cheddar cheese.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge. Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, BBQ sauce and green onion to the chicken. Use the hand blender to mix everything together.
- Lay out the tortillas and evenly distribute the mix to each one. Use a rubber spatula to spread the mix in an even layer across the entire wrap.
- roll the prepared tortillas into a log. Slice into 5 even pieces.
I used Trager Chicken Seasoning. It does not have a lot of salt in it. If you are using a saltier blend please cut it back to 2 teaspoons instead of 2 tablespoons. If you don't have a chicken seasoning blend make your own!: 1tablespoon Paprika, ½ Teaspoon salt, 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder, ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder, ½ Teaspoon Thyme
Serving: 1pinwheelCalories: 44kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 3gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 100mgPotassium: 64mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 37IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 21mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!