I couldn't tell you how often my mother made these bars growing up but Eatmore Bars are definitely a core memory of my childhood. As an adult and now a mother myself, I can see why she made them so frequently! They take ten minutes to whip up and only five ingredients.
- Chocolate Chips (I prefer dark)
- Light or Dark Corn Syrup
- Peanut Butter
- Peanuts (salted or unsalted!)
How to Make Eatmore Bars:
- Simmer Corn Syrup
- Stir in Peanut Butter and Vanilla
- Add in Chocolate Chips - Bring to Simmer for four minutes
- Add in Crushed Peanuts.
- Spread in greased 9 x13" pan.
- Let set at room temperature for 2 hours
- Cut and Enjoy
Frequently Asked Questions about Eatmore Bars:
They became too hot. There is nothing you can do to fix them. They will still taste good so enjoy them and make a note to cook them less next time.
Yes! I would recommend adding at least ½ teaspoon of table salt if you are doing this though.
Yes, They will be sweeter though! This is usually how these bars are made so most people prefer them this way.
I have only tested this recipe with smooth peanut butter as I have been in a committed relationship with this variety since I was a preteen. If you try another type of peanut butter or nut butter please let me know how it worked out in the comments!
More Easy Recipes:
More Recipes for Peanut Lovers:
- Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Sauce
- Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream (No Churn)
- Monster Cookies (Gluten Free!)
- 1 Cup Corn Syrup
- ¾ Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1½ Cups Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 Cups Salted Peanuts Crushed
Prepare the Pan
- Spray a 9"x13" Pan with cooking spray AND line it with parchment paper. This doesn't need to be pretty. You can trim up the edges of the bars when you cut them later.
Make The Mixture
- In a saucepan on medium heat simmer the corn syrup until it just starts to boil.
- During Every step of this recipe use a rubber spatula to continuously stir as it heats. This is to ensure the mixture doesn't burn to the bottom or sides of the pan.
- Add in the peanut butter and vanilla. Stir and bring to just to the point that it starts to bubble again.
- Add the chocolate and once again heat until it just starts to bubble.
- Remove from heat and stir in crushed peanuts.
- Immediately pour the mix into your prepared pan.
- Let it set up in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before removing from the pan.
- turn it upside down so that the top of the bars become the bottom and the smooth bottom is now the top.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 40 even sized bars.
- Can be frozen in an airtight bag or container for up to three months and kept in the same packaging on the counter for a week.
Review This Recipe: