Have you ever had a Chorizo Breakfast sandwich? Chorizo is just pork seasoned with wonderful herbs and spices like paprika, chili powder, cumin and more. In this recipe I give instructions on how to season pork to turn it into chorizo, but you can access ready made chorizo sausage or chorizo sausage patties at many grocery stores. This Spicy pork is paired with a seasoned fluffy baked egg, atop an airy English muffin.
These make a great freezer meal! Make a dozen now and enjoy on your busy mornings.
- English Muffin
- Cheddar Cheese
- Onion Powder
- Chili Powder
The Gist of It
- Season, Form and Cook the Sausage Patties.
- Mix the eggs with milk and seasonings, bake.
- Assemble the sandwiches
- Enjoy now or freeze for later.
Freeze for Later:
These are great fresh but also wonderful to have in the freezer and have ready for busy mornings. Simply wrap in paper wax paper and place in a freezer grade plastic bag, such as ziploc, for up to 6 months.
To Reheat: They are of the best quality when defrosted overnight in the fridge and then in the morning you can wrap in paper towel and heat for 1 minute, flip and heat for another minute. Every microwave heats differently so continue to microwave until heated through. 🙂
You can also reheat in the oven. Again, defrost first. Unwrap each sandwich as wax paper cannot go in the oven. Place in a 9x13" pan or on a cookie sheet and cover with foil. Heat for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
Yes. However when it comes to the eggs, you will want to bake in TWO 9x13" pans.
Yes, However when it comes to the eggs, you will need to bake in a 8x8" pan and bake for less time. approximately 20 minutes. Do not over bake, take out of the oven when the eggs have just set in the middle of the pan.
Yes, heat in a 350 degree F oven for 10-15 minutes.
More Easy Recipes:
More Breakfast Recipes:
- French Toast Breakfast Bake
- Sausage and Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Frittata for Four
- Easy Fluffy Banana Pancakes
Chorizo Breakfast Sandwich
- 1½ Pounds Ground Pork
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1½ Tablespoons Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ⅛ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅛ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoons White Vinegar To brush on - DO NOT mix in.
- 12 Large Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Parsley
- 12 English Muffins
- 12 Slices Cheddar Cheese
- Mix the ground pork and seasons well. Form into 12 equal pieces and then flatten to form the patty. I aim to have the patty the same size as the bun I am using. remember that as the meat cooks, it will shrink.
- Brush each patty with the white vinegar. Flip, and brush the other side of the patty. Let the formed sausage patties sit in the fridge to firm up - minimum of 20 minutes
- In an electric griddle or frying pan on med-high heat, sear the meat and cook with a lid on. The lid will help contain the mess and keep the steam in to cook the meat through. Pork is cooked well done at an internal temperature of 170°F
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and seasonings. Pour into a 9x13" pan that has been greased. Bake for 25 minutes. Check to see if the eggs are set in the middle. Remove once the eggs are set. Once cooked, cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Assemble each sandwich with cheese, sausage and a slice of egg.
- Wrap in wax paper and place in a freezer safe airtight bag or container.
- Thaw in the fridge overnight
- Microwave: Remove wax paper and wrap in paper towel. Heat for one minute, flip and heat for an additional minute. As every microwave seems to heat differently please keep an eye on the sandwich and note how long it takes with your specific microwave.Oven: Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove wax paper. Place in a 9 x13" dish and cover with tinfoil. Heat for 10-15minutes or until heated through.