If you enjoy Subway's Chocolate Chip Cookie, this Copycat Recipe is for you! This recipe is the same base as the number one cookie on my site Copycat Subway White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies Since you're at home, you can even take these to another level by adding some salt on top at the end. They are good either way!
- Margarine or Butter
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- All-Purpose Flour
- Chocolate Chips
If you want to add salt to your cookies you can add Maldon salt or sea salt! So what is Maldon Salt? Maldon salt is not the same as sea salt or table salt. It is harvested by hand in Maldon, England and the process creates a unique pyramid shape that actually alters the way the salt tastes. sprinkle this salt on everything because it is so good!
You can buy it on amazon but I have been able to find it at local grocery stores in rural Canada, so I am sure you will be able to find it in most grocery stores. It has become a very popular ingredient in recent years.
Tips for Success
Do not overbake the cookies, as you want them to have slightly crisp edges and soft centers. You need to chill these Subway Chocolate Chip Cookies for the entire chill time. Without chilling them you are likely to create a giant cookie on your sheet pan.
Storing and Freezing Cookies
To store: Leftover cookies keep at room temp for a good week. Maybe more.. wouldn't know for sure. I always eat them before then.
To freeze: I really like freezing cookies as dough balls for the best results. you can bake from frozen for 15 minutes. You can definitely freeze cookies that are already made just pack them in a solid container so they don't get beat up too much. They will last about 6 months stored this way. Not sure who has that kind of willpower😉
Other Great Cookie Recipes
Subway Chocolate Chip Cookies (Copycat Recipe)
- 1 Cup Butter or Margarine
- ¾ Cup White Sugar
- 1¼ Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour Spooned and Leveled
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips
- If you're using butter melt it in a microwave safe bowl, if you're using margarine then don't bother melting it.
- To a bowl or the bowl of a mixer add the butter, sugars and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add in the eggs, stir until combined.
- add in the salt, baking powder and baking soda
- Now add in the flour. Do it bit by bit until its all combined.
- mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough out onto 2 baking sheets that are lined with parchment paper, tinfoil or a silicone mat. They all work great and you don't need to grease any of them.
- Scoop out the cookies into 24 equal sized balls.
- Chill Cookies for 1 hour. This is optional, it helps them not spread out to much during baking! If you don't have time for the chilling then I would bake only 8 cookie per sheet rather than 12 so that they all don't run together. Note: I highly reccomend chilling these cookies though!
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 11-13 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown.
- Chill for a few minutes on the sheet pan before moving to a wire rack to set up completely.
Review This Recipe: